Sometimes its very rewarding writing a blog. The past couple of days has been one of those times.
A few months ago a new face appeared on the Cael AH. Going by the name of EpicBanker, he dabbled in gems and enchanting mats and of course glyphs where he was first spotted.
As I do when I spot a new face, I sent them a "Hello and welcome to the madness" whisper and had a quick chat. My recollection of that conversation are cloudy to say the least, but as I remember he had just transfered to the server. Loving a bit of self promotion I mentioned the blog.
Since then I've not thought much of it. Until monday night.
Following the rather ugly conversation questioning my motivations for crashing the glyph market I received a whisper from Dotsnlols, who is a self confessed CSAHF /fanboy.
It's always nice to receive such messages, it makes writing the blog all worth while to be honest. The conversation was short and again I though little of it more than it being the compliment that it intended to be.
The following morning I received a mail, this time from EpicBanker. It turns out that Epic and Dots are one and the same person. Not only this, but the person behind the alts is again transferring servers and was wondering whether I would be interested in buying him out of his glyph business.
Now I realise that it was only a few weeks ago that I had offered up my own glyph business for sale so it amused me that I was now at the receiving end of such an offer. But what else could I do but consider the opportunity.
Late last night I met up with EpicBanker and reviewed the stock. 450 glyphs. 8000+ inks of various varieties. Plus a 6 bank tab guild to boot.
But why was he selling? Hadnt he only just arrived at Cael and he was departing already? I had to find out more.
I was rather bemused at the answer. He'd been head hunted.
Now I have to admit to some naivety when it comes to high end raiding, and didn't realise that poaching occurred across servers, but evidently it does. The mains of EpicBanker were in SoS, an alliance guild. They are currently 2/13 hardmode 25 man, which for Cael is the most progressed guild on the server.
Epic/Dots has decided to move to a more progressive guild on the Thaurissan server, and at a guess he will be heading to one of the two horde guilds who are currently 8/13 HM 25.
What interested me was that he had been approached by them, rather than the other way round. I didnt realise that high end progression guilds did such things. I always thought you threw yourself on their mercy (aka application forum) and had to take the ritual hazing for however long you could take it for. But hey, what do I know about progression raiding? *This is an attempt at satire before anyone takes offence*
Anyway, there were the glyphs and the inks all sat in a bank. I bought it. What else could I do?
I also bought other stuff from EpicBanker. The amount of stuff I bought required another 4 bank tab bank to store. I spent lots of gold. It felt gooooood! I've invested a chunk of gold, but its the start of the final push to gold cap. It seems I've postponed retirement for a wee while longer.
Did I get ripped off? Far from it. I (and it some ways I feel just a little guilty) definitely got the better end of the deal, although there is some work ahead of me to get the biggest bang for my investment.
Did Epic get ripped off? I would say no, he got a chunk of gold and got it quickly. He left server overnight and starts his new adventures this morning.
To Epic - Good luck with Thaurissan. May the bosses drop and the loot rolls be kind to you. Thank you for your honesty in the transactions made last night and your kind words about the blog. I hope you continue reading.
And for those readers from Thaurissan - watch out Goblin heading you way! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment