A lots happened since I last typed. There have been some massive changes in real life and in WoW.
In WoW, I have suddenly found myself the guild master of More Than Raids. It's not a position I had put my hand up to be given, but one I have taken on. Catreann's been taking some time away from the game, and had handed over the reigns to two other trusted officers. Things have been running well, but the two officers have decided that its now time for them to direct their focus outside of the game.
I am fully supportive of their decision and their reasons for this, and wish them both luck with the future endevours. It was an honour to meet you both and I wish you all the best with whatever the future brings.
These two were shining lights of what More Than Raids were about. When they joined the guild they were very green around the gills, but oh so very quickly became excellent at everything they attempted. Whether it was raiding, or organising events, to running the guild - they were awesome.
Losing them is a huge lose to MTRs and a body blow to me. It's hard to say goodbye to friends, even if you've never met them
____________________________
The response from the masses has been interesting. Some have seen it as another nail in the coffin of the guild. We have lost several of the core raiders in recent times, and as we currently stand would struggle to put together more than seven or eight people that I would have faith in taking into a Firelands raid situation.
But we are More Than Raids. We are what we are - and when it says 'More Than Raids' it means just that. There will be raiders who will die in MTRs and hurt our own ability to gear up in new shinies because the guild is more important than raiding. We are still a social raiding guild, it's just we wont be clearing high end content until we bring in and develop new people.
The sad thing is I know this will be hard for some people. Several of us have always had the prize of progression just out of reach because we are training. I cant remember the last time I took a well oiled machine into a raid.... we always have to explain fights. And eventually this does wear down even the most patient.
But we will survive. We will. We just need a little time to lick our wounds before bouncing back.
__________________
I am left with four officers. I need to listen to them closely because they are the lifeblood of what remains. We have to decide where we are heading next, and all agree on the decision. Division at this time is not going to help, and I admit to being overwhelmed by what lies ahead.
As I said real life has been shaken up as well. I doubt I am actually in the right head space for rebuilding a guild which is why the officers are so important. And if it is decided that I am not the right person to be leading the next phase in the guilds history then I am not going to argue.
So welcome to yet another step along the WoW experiences of Breevok ... *releases the handbrake*

1 comment:
The main thing is to look after yourself. If you find it's getting too stressful or you're just not enjoying the game any more, find an exit.
Post a Comment