What a wacky ride this past week has been.
Its been a funny experience to be honest - made a great deal of gold - but not from the sources I was expecting.
When 3.3. hit on Tuesday night - I had around 100 stacks each of saronite bars and heavy borean leather, and around 400 stacks each of saronite ore and borean leather. On my server prices havent moved.
Borean leather is still 10g a stack, HBL 5g each. Arctic fur has dropped to around 70g. I'm flicking bits and bobs of leather when there are blips in the market but its going to be a long road to clear it all.
Similarly saronite has remained steady as well. Prices for bars have gone up a little (now around 30g a stack from 26g), and ores unchanged (still around 13g a stack)
However there have been some amazing killings - heartseeker scopes were going for 200g like candy, I was lucky enough to get a battered hilt on my first run through the new heroics... it sold for 25000 gold.
Friends tell me gems have been a amazing seller - not surprising with all the new gear people are getting.
For me one of the shining lights have been vellums - weapon vellums III selling for 6g, Armor Vellum III selling for 5g. Glyphs arent moving (had a nice 24hr window right after the patch when I sold a few 100, but the campers have returned since) - so these vellums are a wonderful bonus.
Flasks are selling well - I am please I set my threshold so high so I had a good supply - they are selling for 35-40g each right now - and long may that continue.
Overall - profit is great. Just not from the expected sources - but who knows what will happen with leather and saronite over coming weeks!
Its been a funny experience to be honest - made a great deal of gold - but not from the sources I was expecting.
When 3.3. hit on Tuesday night - I had around 100 stacks each of saronite bars and heavy borean leather, and around 400 stacks each of saronite ore and borean leather. On my server prices havent moved.
Borean leather is still 10g a stack, HBL 5g each. Arctic fur has dropped to around 70g. I'm flicking bits and bobs of leather when there are blips in the market but its going to be a long road to clear it all.
Similarly saronite has remained steady as well. Prices for bars have gone up a little (now around 30g a stack from 26g), and ores unchanged (still around 13g a stack)
However there have been some amazing killings - heartseeker scopes were going for 200g like candy, I was lucky enough to get a battered hilt on my first run through the new heroics... it sold for 25000 gold.
Friends tell me gems have been a amazing seller - not surprising with all the new gear people are getting.
For me one of the shining lights have been vellums - weapon vellums III selling for 6g, Armor Vellum III selling for 5g. Glyphs arent moving (had a nice 24hr window right after the patch when I sold a few 100, but the campers have returned since) - so these vellums are a wonderful bonus.
Flasks are selling well - I am please I set my threshold so high so I had a good supply - they are selling for 35-40g each right now - and long may that continue.
Overall - profit is great. Just not from the expected sources - but who knows what will happen with leather and saronite over coming weeks!

4 comments:
Wow dude! That battered hilt... why are people so crazy over that?
I noticed that Blizzard reduced the drop rate after the first day - so perhaps someone got a bargain... but it doesnt appear so... there arent any on my AH at the moment...but they are selling in trade for 3-5k. Result!
Don't forget about the rare gems, they have been selling as well as the epics. So put that saronite to use and prospect it!
Hey there Marko - welcome to csahf's.
Rare gems havent moved a great deal to be honest - there was a blip on day one where scarlet rubies rose to 70g but they've settled back down at their old price of 40g. The other rares are also back to 8-15g. Average price for a random one of the rare gems would be 15-20g. However as I pointed out in todays post - prospecting the gems would be the biggest earner - but titanium (with patience) will be the best long term investment (well for me anyways)
Post a Comment