More than two months ago I mentioned that part of the reason I blog is that it "allows me to drop randomness down to review later"
A week after the madness of patch night I'm decided to rationalise my thoughts on my two large pre-patch investments. Forgive me as I talk to myself and do some calculations so I clarify my next steps.
I am going to assume that I purchased at my maxmium purchase price over the past couple of mohts. That way I cover AH fees and so on...
Borean Leather/Heavy Borean Leather/Arctic Fur
Purchase price -
Borean Leather - 10g a stack (50s a unit)
Heavy Borean Leather - 60g a stack (3g a unit)
Selling options -
Sell as BL - current price 50s a unit - No Profit!
Sell as HBL - current prices 5g a unit - 66% profit
Convert to Arctic Fur - current prices 50g a unit - 66% profit
LW and DE - Nerubian Legguards - 8 borean Leather - 4g to make.
DEs into 1-3 ID (75%), 1-2 LCE (20%), 1 SDE (5%)
=> 100 Legguards = 600 BL ( 300g)
DE'd will produce 150 ID, 30 LCE, 5 SDE.
ID - 1g20s, LCE 3g, SDE 5g. Total 295g - No Profit!
Decision - Turn all BL into HBL. Spend half on arctic fur and drip feed at 60g+ selling level. Sell HBL at 6g+
Saronite Ore/Saronite Bars/Titanium Bars
Purchase price -
Saronite Ore - 13g a stack (65s a unit)
Saronite Bar - 26g a stack (1g30s a unit)
Selling options -
Sell as ore - prices currently 80s a unit - moving towards 1g. Selling at 1g 54% profit
Sell as saronite bars - prices currently 1g50s a unit - moving towards 2g. Selling at 2g 54% profit
Sell as titanium bars - currently selling at 18-24g. Cost to produce (8 saronite bars) - 10g40s. Selling at 20g - 92% profit
Prospect and sell gems - 25 stacks will prospect in 162 (average price 2g) pre-epic and 24 (average price 15g) epic gems. 25 stacks cost 325g. Gems 684g. 109% Profit
Prospect, JC and sell enchanting mats. As above - but 108 gems combined with 2crystallised earth (cost 1g) - DE materials worth less than gems. Plus lots of work
Decision - much as the gems are the highest profit margin they arent quick sellers and have a posting fee. Will convert to titanium bars on an ongoing basis selling at no less than 20g a unit. Maintain saronite as ore and sell ore at prices over 1g25s and bars at 2g50s (92% profit - same as titanium)
Right I'm pleased thats resolved... no more numbers running around my head!
A week after the madness of patch night I'm decided to rationalise my thoughts on my two large pre-patch investments. Forgive me as I talk to myself and do some calculations so I clarify my next steps.
I am going to assume that I purchased at my maxmium purchase price over the past couple of mohts. That way I cover AH fees and so on...
Borean Leather/Heavy Borean Leather/Arctic Fur
Purchase price -
Borean Leather - 10g a stack (50s a unit)
Heavy Borean Leather - 60g a stack (3g a unit)
Selling options -
Sell as BL - current price 50s a unit - No Profit!
Sell as HBL - current prices 5g a unit - 66% profit
Convert to Arctic Fur - current prices 50g a unit - 66% profit
LW and DE - Nerubian Legguards - 8 borean Leather - 4g to make.
DEs into 1-3 ID (75%), 1-2 LCE (20%), 1 SDE (5%)
=> 100 Legguards = 600 BL ( 300g)
DE'd will produce 150 ID, 30 LCE, 5 SDE.
ID - 1g20s, LCE 3g, SDE 5g. Total 295g - No Profit!
Decision - Turn all BL into HBL. Spend half on arctic fur and drip feed at 60g+ selling level. Sell HBL at 6g+
Saronite Ore/Saronite Bars/Titanium Bars
Purchase price -
Saronite Ore - 13g a stack (65s a unit)
Saronite Bar - 26g a stack (1g30s a unit)
Selling options -
Sell as ore - prices currently 80s a unit - moving towards 1g. Selling at 1g 54% profit
Sell as saronite bars - prices currently 1g50s a unit - moving towards 2g. Selling at 2g 54% profit
Sell as titanium bars - currently selling at 18-24g. Cost to produce (8 saronite bars) - 10g40s. Selling at 20g - 92% profit
Prospect and sell gems - 25 stacks will prospect in 162 (average price 2g) pre-epic and 24 (average price 15g) epic gems. 25 stacks cost 325g. Gems 684g. 109% Profit
Prospect, JC and sell enchanting mats. As above - but 108 gems combined with 2crystallised earth (cost 1g) - DE materials worth less than gems. Plus lots of work
Decision - much as the gems are the highest profit margin they arent quick sellers and have a posting fee. Will convert to titanium bars on an ongoing basis selling at no less than 20g a unit. Maintain saronite as ore and sell ore at prices over 1g25s and bars at 2g50s (92% profit - same as titanium)
Right I'm pleased thats resolved... no more numbers running around my head!

2 comments:
non Epic gem prices have fallen already and the effort to prospect saronite,cut the gems and sell is too high. I've cut 20 stacks for "personal use" for JC dailies and the rest I'm going to turn into Eternal Belt buckles as my speculation on the eternal's market didn't quite pan out. Eternal Earth anyone? I've got 40 stacks
I use my bars mostly for Belt Buckles too. Hardly anyone else was selling them until Monday, the price was higher than usual and I sold loads :)
As for the leather, is there anyone selling Heavy Borean Armor Kits? I sell these for between 25-30G each as there's only one other person who sells them and he doesn't post that often.
Post a Comment