I admit that I'm starting to daydream about life after the drive to one million gold. Having just cleared my mailboxes my total wealth is 906,750g give or take 5 silver and a few copper. The end is definately in sight, looming on the horizon getting ever closer with every passing hour. So what do I do then?
I've actually been thinking about this quite a lot over recent weeks. The transfer of my glyph business to horde has introduced a new impetus into gold making, and with Fringe closing in on 100k in sales a little over three weeks I've quickly jumped from from around 700k to todays figure. Providing I just plod along, I will hit a million before the end of the month.
I've often wondered whether gold cap was truely the end goal. A million gold isnt actually gold cap... you can have 999,999g99s99c on a single toon, so in theory gold cap is 9,999,999g99s90c for a single server. I have no intention of going that far. I also never intend to move all the gold to a single toon to get the error message saying I cant take anymore gold. Currently I have around 180k horde side and 620k alliance side - and any transfer of gold would cost 15% and I am not paying 24k just for an error message tyvm!
However saying all this, once Auditor shows me that my characters have a combined wealth of one million gold, I will have achieved the goal I set myself back...
I hit 500k in January 2011, and I actually hit the old gold cap of 214k in April 2010. The last few months have therefore been a significant increase in the rate I have been creating wealth - which isnt surprising due to inflation and the average players wealth
But when I hit the old cap I struggled to spend gold - old habits died hard - but I lost the drive to earn as well. I just kinda drifted. GKP runs eventually bought me out of retirement as did the new gold cap, but I dont want to drift when I hit a million.
But why not? Well for a start what would I have to rant and rave about here? Much as I have my occasional flirtations with other topics, gold is really the reason most readers are here. If I talk about standing around in Stormwind being a /trade troll I dont see many people hanging around. But saying that I am a goal driven person - so what goals do I set myself?
I'll be honest that I looking forward to easing off the accelerator a little. I will push through to a million but I will not be aim for two million. Instead I have decided to start over - but with a different take on spending.
I will bank the one million. It will sit across two guild banks and rot alway in whatever it is that pixels rot into. Whereas once upon a time 5k was my next egg - my safety net - now this will be one million. Everything I earn from that point forward it mine to spend as I see fit. I have a shopping list in mind and intend to act upon it.
For instance, the first 10k earnt over the cap will be spend on recipes/formulae that I currently don't know. These include the 5x maelstrom crystal enchanting formulae. These have never been gold makers so I never saw the need to invest in them - shortly I will.
Gear will be purchased, best enchants applied (espeically now 4.1 has hit) - generally I will twink my mains to the best of my ability. I will buy myself a vial of the sands (having already purchased two for others) - basically I am going to splurge and love every damn copper piece of it.
Its going to cost me gold - lots and lots of gold - which will force me to keep being a goblin - giving me more fodder for the blog. And by earning the gold for everything I get to treat myself over the course of weeks rather than dropping 200k into the economy and losing the joy of it in a few hours.
I also have the desire to screw around with markets in a way that hasnt been done previously - but that will take masses of gold to attempt. Perhaps I might find a use for that one million at some point in the future after all.
Anyway back to getting that last 95k - if you are on Cael feel free to buy my stuff - it isnt overpriced...much ;)

2 comments:
Good luck with it. I know I said the same thing. I was at your lvl and I went and bought 2 vial of the sands. Made that back in a week. Then went and spent some more and drove to hit the million with the intent to stop selling on the AH. Got intrigued with JC and decided to spend some time there. Meanwhile the glyph business just kept chugging along. I would buy herbs such that the inferno ink selling price was greater than the herb cost so my glyphs represented all profit. This continues to day as i close in on 2million and I am still freely giving gold to people I know well and doing other things to help people. Gold still goes up and I still like playing the AH.
Looking forward to see what kind of shenanigans you can perpetrate upon the market.
--
Regards,
potatoe
Post a Comment