Well its a gold making blog after all so I thought it best to make some mention of profit and gold making...
Prices have settled it seems. Titanium bars (<20g) and Arctic Fur (<50g) have dropped significantly in price - but we have seen an increase in borean leather nor saronite. Its all rather distressing to be honest. I can just flick them back at a little over the price I purchased at - but to be honest I was hoping for a bit more than 10-20% profit when I got into all this. Glyphs have continued to be a slow but steady source of income (a few hundred gold a day), vellums continue to sell at the 3-4g mark by the dozen bringing in several hundred gold. Enchanting mats are profitable as always - especially pre-WotLK mats. Mongoose enchants are popular as always, selling for 600g+ in very short time. And rather than selling mats for their now rock bottom prices - scrolls for top end enchants are still selling well (Dont these people have enchanters in their guilds?!?) Netherwaeve bags have stopped being profitable - but thankfully bolts on netherweave have surged in price over the past week. I'm pleased I didnt make all my supplies into bags - with it being a lot more profitable to sell the bolts right now. With the prevelence of bows for hunters, plus the new ammo - the price of Eternal Shadow has more than doubled since 3.3. I never invested heavily in this market - but at 17g a unit I'm glad I held back on my limited supplies. It does meant that Rituals of the New Moon arent as viable these days but I think I have somewhat covered that market over the past few weeks anyway. Investments I made in the 2nd tier of the greater darkmoon card sets (Death and Illusion) have paid dividends. With everyone desperate for Noble Cards - Prism and Undeath cards get flicked relatively cheaply. I put together several of each deck, Illusion for 240g each and Death for 400g each. They have now sold for 500g and 1000g repectively. Gem prices seem to have remained high - but my limited sources of these are being used to gem my own gear so no profit there! Overall money still comes in - purchases have been made which have lowered my actual bank balances (Bought my partner a Hog for instance) but I'm comfortable enough - although I think it'll be the New Year before I hit gold cap.
Prices have settled it seems. Titanium bars (<20g) and Arctic Fur (<50g) have dropped significantly in price - but we have seen an increase in borean leather nor saronite. Its all rather distressing to be honest. I can just flick them back at a little over the price I purchased at - but to be honest I was hoping for a bit more than 10-20% profit when I got into all this. Glyphs have continued to be a slow but steady source of income (a few hundred gold a day), vellums continue to sell at the 3-4g mark by the dozen bringing in several hundred gold. Enchanting mats are profitable as always - especially pre-WotLK mats. Mongoose enchants are popular as always, selling for 600g+ in very short time. And rather than selling mats for their now rock bottom prices - scrolls for top end enchants are still selling well (Dont these people have enchanters in their guilds?!?) Netherwaeve bags have stopped being profitable - but thankfully bolts on netherweave have surged in price over the past week. I'm pleased I didnt make all my supplies into bags - with it being a lot more profitable to sell the bolts right now. With the prevelence of bows for hunters, plus the new ammo - the price of Eternal Shadow has more than doubled since 3.3. I never invested heavily in this market - but at 17g a unit I'm glad I held back on my limited supplies. It does meant that Rituals of the New Moon arent as viable these days but I think I have somewhat covered that market over the past few weeks anyway. Investments I made in the 2nd tier of the greater darkmoon card sets (Death and Illusion) have paid dividends. With everyone desperate for Noble Cards - Prism and Undeath cards get flicked relatively cheaply. I put together several of each deck, Illusion for 240g each and Death for 400g each. They have now sold for 500g and 1000g repectively. Gem prices seem to have remained high - but my limited sources of these are being used to gem my own gear so no profit there! Overall money still comes in - purchases have been made which have lowered my actual bank balances (Bought my partner a Hog for instance) but I'm comfortable enough - although I think it'll be the New Year before I hit gold cap.

2 comments:
I don't keep up a gold making blog, but I love yours. There are several gold making tips for engineers (cloud farming in scholazar, new arrows and scopes are most obvious), but please add this tips in one of your posts: pets (Mechanical Squirrel is the more obvious, but there is one highly profitable pet that is a bit "harder" to get and forgotten from fellow engineers - at least on my underpopulated server - Tranquil Mechanical Yeti). You get the recipe for this bad boy from a quest in Winterspring. You could make ten thousands of gold with making this the first couple of weeks when WOTLK hit (everyone was going for the xyz number of pets achievment), but they stil sell (I sell them from 400g to 600g). The mats are hard to get by and often pricy, but if you scan the AH dilligently you'll get some sweet prices for elemental air, elemental earth and globe of water. The rest of the mats shouldn't be a problem. There you have a 400-600% repayment for your investment.
Ah but you see, Borean Leather was unpredictable and for that reason I only bought it when it sold for 40 silver apiece or less. I bought hundreds of stacks of it at that price and that's a 100% guaranteed profit.
Post a Comment