Friday, February 19, 2010

Frost Lotus - fallout of increased drop rate

Blue Post this week told us that

"The drop rate of Frost Lotus, from herbs in Northrend, has been increased by 50%" 


Well well well - they finally nerfed the one last stalwart of northrend farming - they took away our arctic fur, they took away our epic gems - and finally they took away our frost lotus.

I guess it was bound to happen - prices of lotus will fall, flasks will become cheaper and the WoW community will be happy

There will be a knock on affect - and this is just my opinion - other Northrend herbs will eventually increase in price.

My logic? People farm for Frost Lotuses - but with the increase in drop rate farmers will farm less resulting in fewer other herbs being picked. Thus less supply, thus prices increase.

Some will think the oppisite will happen. Time will tell.

4 comments:

newauctioneer said...

OR more people will actually start farming the lotusses instead of just buying stock from the AH, resulting in MORE herbs...

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think you're dead on about the farming. I keep herbs in the bank in about the ratios that I need for raiding (to make flasks, mana pots, that's about it). The surplus I sell off. The surplus usually consists of extra herbs that I gathered in the process of farming frost lotus. If I reach my frost lotus goal earlier, I stop farming, head back to dalaran. I can't imagine the ratios of herb-to-lotus will change so much that I'm farming for HERBS and selling off LOTUS surplus, but anything can happen.

Breevok said...

Ultimately a lot of people are lazy - if someone is willing to pay 60g for a frost lotus from the AH then why would they bother to start farming for them when the price drops to 40g?

Darth Solo said...

Unfortunately I don't have a high level herbalist anymore to test whether it's still worth to farm Frost Lotus but I my only use for herbalism was selling the Lotus. On the other hand I haven't seen a drop in Arctic Fur prices, on the contrary. I see them go for 50-100G on my server and I'm making a killing selling them.

Post a Comment