Thursday, June 24, 2010

Back in business! Now to execute an exit strategy.

I've always loved that line - its funny how you grow fond of certain bosses catchphrases.

Anyway I digress.

I made a decision tonight. Following a GKP run a couple of weeks ago when I spend a chunk of cash, and another one this week when Catreann spent a sizeable chunk of my cash, I've decided to come out of retirement and start slamming the AH again.

And guess what? It feels goooood :)






For the past month I've been fairly quiet - a scan here and there, a few scrolls posted, the glyphs posted twice a week - so I've just been ticking over. As I've said previously I wanted to bring in 5-7k a week and was doing that without much effort.

But now I'm 60k below gold cap and feeling that a few more GKP runs and I'll be seriously short of money. So rather than panic in a couple of weeks I'm opening the throttle and reassurting my authority around the Cael AH.

To give a quick overview - I've reopened up my glyphs in their entirity, I'm once again making a range of enchants on scrolls, runescrolls of fortitude has been made by the 100s and Rituals of the New Moon are back on the market.

I've also lowered my % profit required for DEing, dropped a few thresholds on some stocks I have, and will be sorting out my warehouses of borean leather and saronite.

Its been quite a revelation to see who stepped up into my place whilsts I've been cruising along popping a few items here and there onto the AH. Some new faces to go with the familiar ones. Oh well I guess they'll learn soon enough who I am if they don't already.

So yes Breevok's back pounding the streets  - and it feels great to be stretching my wings once again.

Oh and call me a M&S - I'm donating one of my markets to a friend for a while - he's a tad short of gold atm and and doesnt have a specific enchant so I've decided to make the scrolls for him whilst he saves up a specific item.

4 comments:

Foo said...

Oh no - I've enjoyed the respite, but all good things come to an end. Your coming back to play might explain recent herb prices.(Breevok and I share servers).

There is an advantage to 'donating' a market. I have been providing a levelling player with 4 classes of glyphs and getting him to post them for me. I set the minimum price, and provide him with 1/3 of the sale price.

He is happy - for him this is a lot of gold.

I am happy - I hate posting glyphs, and hate missing out on the gold from glyphs. I also really like that he is bringing in about 20% more gold/week on his 4 classes than I bring on my 4 class toon. It is not quite as much pure profit, but for me - a much higher profit/hour, and allows me to play more in other markets.

The last week he has taken an extended AFK (after letting me know and mailing me back my glyphs), but I am looking forward to him coming back soon.

Breevok said...

Dont blame herb prices on me - I just want to my stockpile (2000 inks) and took some :P

Midlife Kat said...

alas some of the herb prices might be my fault. Ive been making cards for Darkmoon faire rep.

Moldy said...

*points at Cat* I may be partially responsible for the same reason. *cough*

Post a Comment