As this blog closes in on its 200th post it never ceases to amaze me the number of people that visit me and my wandering thoughts. My counter would say there have been close to 40000 visits here, although I don't know how accurate that is.
I unfortunately never fathomed out a decent logger to show me who visits, when and from where. Its all a bit technical for my aged braincells to work out - but occasionally I recognise a name next to a comment. This happened this week - from a blogger whose blog I follow daily and where I've never commented.
Someone how they driften across cyberspace and ended up here.
It's very flattering when it happens - someone whose blog you respect so much you make sure you check in every day - thinks your blog said something worth a comment.
I love blogging. I really do. Just for moments like these.
I unfortunately never fathomed out a decent logger to show me who visits, when and from where. Its all a bit technical for my aged braincells to work out - but occasionally I recognise a name next to a comment. This happened this week - from a blogger whose blog I follow daily and where I've never commented.
Someone how they driften across cyberspace and ended up here.
It's very flattering when it happens - someone whose blog you respect so much you make sure you check in every day - thinks your blog said something worth a comment.
I love blogging. I really do. Just for moments like these.

3 comments:
It seems I am a noob. Seems my counter does give me all the stats I ever wanted. I just never realised. Watch this space!
definitely go for Google Analytics, I love it! more information than I'll ever need but gives you stuff like daily visits, pageviews, return visitors, where your traffic comes from, from what sites they came from, what keywords they searched in google to get to your site etc etc..
this is a good guide on how to get it running on blogger - http://www.blogdoctor.me/2006/11/how-to-analyze-site-traffic-with-google.html
Is you're partner Dwarf Babble ok? i note she's not posted in a while and i always enjoyed reading both you're blogs. Hope all is well
Post a Comment