Friday, June 4, 2010

*pops up for air*

Greetings and apologies for the 9 day absence. Jobs often have times of pressure and this week was one of mine.

Anyways its been a fairly quiet week for me when it comes to WoW - I even had a evening off and just chilled with the TV which is a rareity.

The weekend was a success - a first guild run of ICC 25 - and with Saurfang slapped around and down first attempt, it was a suprisingly good run. Having read a lot of Gevlon's exploits recently I am quite proud of us - our ongoing experiment showing that with patience and nurturing even the most motely crew can be taught to raid - we really did harvest the fruits of our labour.

I'll admit I have been enjoying Gevlon's blue run reports. I think its a masterpiece of WoW-engineering and kudos to his team for proceeding as far as they have. Personally I dont give a damn to the nay-sayers - credit where credit is due - Gevlon has already  proved his point. Blizzard has made the entire game accessible to anyone and everyone - you just have to want it enough to go out and get it.

Gold wise - things are status quo (and not of the three chord variety) - bringing in 1000g a week and spending very little.

PvP continues to be a fascination (and it turns out I don't have a natural ability in that either) and I'm continuing to realise that PvP has a lot to go with teamwork. If you can get /bg going and can send out a simple tactic to the entire raid - generally things go better than not doing so.

I've formed a 2v2 arena team and now have a rating of over 1000 - this has much to do with my hunter partner who is very talented - but again its all new stuff I've never experienced before.

So thats a brief update - I want to post a couple more things but want to use seperate posts for this ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment