Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hey there 4.2! Come on in! Can I take your coat? Coffee? Tea?

So 4.2 arrives. Right on time. As expected.

I have no doubt the gold blogs are awash with advice and reports of huge amounts of gold being made. Gratz to those of you who stockpiled volatiles and rare gems and elementium. Also gratz to you who had honor and valor points coming out of every corner who probably gained 1000g this morning, I look forward to taking it off you shortly.

What always amazes me about patches is the bitching and whining. "Oh the outrage! Keys everywhere!", "The new boss in BH is too hard!", "F'ing scum charging 30g for a volatile life".

It's a patch people. New content is going to be harder than what you've seen before. And as for the QQing about key-rings and AH prices - well you had the opportunity to read all about the forthcoming changes, you just decided not to. This is therefore your problem not mine and I honestly don't need to hear about it. If you aren't happy paying the prices I now intend to charge you for elementium ore then don't I really don't care. If you don't have enough in stock to meet your needs you have two choices - accept you have a shortage or go get some more. Farm or buy - no skin off my nose - just don't whine.
___________________

I've only had about a hour before work to have a look. I managed to get through all my toons, auctioneer is still scanning successful, and ZA is still working (providing you install out of date addons). I've rushed around seeing what can be trainer learnt - so I have the new JCing PvP pieces as well as the new inscription relics. I knew they were coming but have no interest in competing in the final product market. Selling the mats are enough for me - and I pity the fool who'll be paying 50g for a rare gem I paid 6g for last week.

I'm pleased with my stockpiles - I feel I have enough to feed the rush without being overstocked to the point where I will be forced to cut my loses and vendor.

Elementium ore hit 80g a stack which wasn't a surprise but the fact that elementium bars hit 130g a stack did make me double check I wasn't seeing things. We (should) all know that hardened elementium will increase in demand shortly once the Fireland grind begins (as will truegold) but to see bars inflating in price straight away was a pleasant surprise.
___________________________

So tonight the grind for rep begins. I've been training ... even doing Baradin's rep although I loathe the quests. But with rep comes patterns. With patterns comes wealth... and you cant argue with gold can you?

A side note - I was scanning last night horde side when I came across the following:


It was selling for 1g50s. Auctioneer was suggesting it was worth over 10k. I didn't believe it but thought for a couple of gold what the heck, buy now and regret it later. Some wowhead and undermine investigations later shows it was a good decision. This recipe is the reward from a now deleted horde only quest. It will be a collectors item to any completionist alchemist out there - and my intention if to transfer it to Alliance to get the largest return. These sell for 12k horde side and haven't been seen alliance side in the last 6 months. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

BellaTheTank said...

Shouldn't that read
"Hey there 4.2! Come on in! Can I take your coat? Coffee? Tea? Money?"

Logged in just after you logged off to find my horde side alone had already pulled 2k less than 2hrs after the realm came up.
Listing Inferno Ruby's at 195 before shutdown wasn't madness afterall
It will be interesting (as at every patch) to see where things settle between the initial demand, the initial deep undercuts, the 3pm surge when school's out and the evening/1st raid buyup.
Sold some of the JC PvP gear too already.
Interesting to see the AH price differences between Horde and Alliance. 8g difference on Volatile prices across the board this AM (H are cheaper).
Hope your day is a profitable one.

Kiramaren said...

My server it seemed everyone was collecting and storing volatiles... the price is the same (some below) what it was before the patch. And this is when the patch just dropped, I am waiting before I put my volatiles up, I haven’t been making as much as I had anticipated, I guess I could lower my prices, but a lot of them are the same as pre patch :s Blah, at least glyphs are selling well.

Breevok said...

Volatile prices wont move for a while - rep to grind to get recipes first...give it a week or two

Post a Comment