Its been almost a week since I 'came out of retirement'.
As I posted last time, following a expensive few weeks I've hit the AH hard over the last seven days reopening many of my gold making ventures. I've increased my wealth by around 30k which isn't too shabby seeing as I just power leveled a toon through engineering (I know - but I like engineering ok?!) and alchemy up to skill level 300 - which cost me a couple fo thousand gold.
I'll admit that there was a rather profitable GKP run which netted me a new set of shoulders for 1k and 8772g for my share of the pot - so around a quarter of my profits for the week has been from there. But even without that 3k profit a day is still a lot better than I was doing during my semi retirement.
Interestingly what has been a major contributor to the profit has been the simpliest of all the money making schemes around - that old faithful 'Buy low, sell normal'.
Because I'd decided to enter the market hard, I decided that I would make sure this obvious avenue of gold making was not overlooked. So rather than just making purchases on the major profit items - and have been buying 90% of everything that my 'resale' search suggests in auctioneer.
This has been very effective, especially on the horde side where I have a lot less competition.
The first few days of re-entering market generally means less profit, as you reinvest your gold into stock, but eventually your profit increases way beyond the investment costs. This morning I cleared 400 mails on my horde toon, 350 of which were successful sales. Total income 4200g. Not bad for 24 hours. I reinvested 1200g so 3000g clear on that toon alone.
I guess this post is just to remind everyone that you don't have to be innovative and coming up with new schemes every week to maintain your profit margins - remember the old faithfuls and they will look after you.
As I posted last time, following a expensive few weeks I've hit the AH hard over the last seven days reopening many of my gold making ventures. I've increased my wealth by around 30k which isn't too shabby seeing as I just power leveled a toon through engineering (I know - but I like engineering ok?!) and alchemy up to skill level 300 - which cost me a couple fo thousand gold.
I'll admit that there was a rather profitable GKP run which netted me a new set of shoulders for 1k and 8772g for my share of the pot - so around a quarter of my profits for the week has been from there. But even without that 3k profit a day is still a lot better than I was doing during my semi retirement.
Interestingly what has been a major contributor to the profit has been the simpliest of all the money making schemes around - that old faithful 'Buy low, sell normal'.
Because I'd decided to enter the market hard, I decided that I would make sure this obvious avenue of gold making was not overlooked. So rather than just making purchases on the major profit items - and have been buying 90% of everything that my 'resale' search suggests in auctioneer.
This has been very effective, especially on the horde side where I have a lot less competition.
The first few days of re-entering market generally means less profit, as you reinvest your gold into stock, but eventually your profit increases way beyond the investment costs. This morning I cleared 400 mails on my horde toon, 350 of which were successful sales. Total income 4200g. Not bad for 24 hours. I reinvested 1200g so 3000g clear on that toon alone.
I guess this post is just to remind everyone that you don't have to be innovative and coming up with new schemes every week to maintain your profit margins - remember the old faithfuls and they will look after you.

1 comment:
Oh dear I am fail at this! After my assertion that I WAS going to reread your advice and learn to use Auctioneer and make 10K G - I've wimped out at about 3K. That took over a week and meant I missed out on stuff like levelling Keppe and doin fun runs with the guild (TOGC, Undying). I just can't get the hang of it. The gold I managed to make was mostly by cutting bold cards and runed cards and selling em. I think I made about 20G from Auctioneer Vendor searches.
Sigh. I guess we can't all be WoW magnates.
Post a Comment