Friday, November 26, 2010

300 and Breevok is still going


Long time readers will know I like to celebrate posting milestones on this blog and this is my 300th post since I first started putting my thoughts down in September 2009.

This post contains little to do with WoW and nothng to do with gold -  those posts will be written and posted later today. But for now I wanted to explain how Breevok, the name, came into being.

Names are funny things, and as I stood next to a level 19 Warlock this morning called 'DotsNLol' I realise that names really are very important at giving first impressions. I know Gevlon has a chip on his shoulder over character names, and I do tend to agree with him. There are always exceptions to the rule, but I admit that I envisage Mr 'DotsNLol' and I wouldnt have much in common.

But names come from somewhere - whether its the random name generator that Blizzard provide, or just something that feels right (as is the case with Puraa). Sardonica and Cynicism come from a couple of my real life character traits, Acanthus is a plant I love, Funds comes from the time I had three horde toons called 'Retire', 'Ment' and 'Funds' but the other two were deleted.

There is always a reason for a name - and the same is true for Breevok.



Meet my dogs. The one front right is a Bassett Border Collie cross named Bree. At the back we have the Staff lab Cross called Tuvok.

So now you know. And if you are wondering where Tuvok came from, she's black and has funny ears. If you still don't understand then I'm probably a little too geeky for your tastes.

1 comment:

BellaTheTank said...

Grats on making it to 300 posts, unlike the Brits in the cricket!

Post a Comment