The question posed was:
What profession should Cynicism max out before Cataclysm?
The results were interesting:Blacksmithing - 10
Herbalism - 6
Mining - 4
Therefore 50% thought that a maxed blacksmith would be the best thing to do before Cataclysm. My thanks to everyone that voted. However, I am not listening to the readers - but I havent taken the profession you think I have.
As I said in the original post announcing the poll I had already decided what I was going to do. I voted the same way, which was Herbalism. With two alchemists and a scribe to supply, herbalism seems to me the best answer, especially as I already have a very good friend in guild who is an awesome Blacksmith with ICC and ToC and Ulduar recipes galore.
Except I was wrong, and actually the correct answer was skinning.
Skinning, was of course not one of the options, but Acidburnx made a comment on the poll:
I would take away skinning on Peer and replace it with Herbing. This way you can farm for both herbs and minerals at the same time rather than one or the other on each toon. Maybe then put skinning or blacksmithing on CynicismHe's completely correct. With the changes made with 4.0.1, where a miner and herbalist can now have 'mining eyes' and 'herb eyes' on at the same time, having both on a single toon makes sense. As Peerpressure is my farmer, I dropped skinning and took up herbalism. Cynicism then took up skinning. I honestly don't know why I didn't think of this myself, but my thanks to Acidburnx, although I did spend a lot of time this weekend getting both professions up to 450. But the job is done, and I have the configuration of professions I am happy with for going into Cataclysm

No comments:
Post a Comment