Other things I did over the weekend, well firstly I got 6 levels on Cat's priest. She equipped the special offhand that she uses (aka Puraa) and ran through EPL, Stratholme, hit 58 and smashed half of Hellfire to bits. About an hour per level and the priest hits 61. The intention is to get that toon to 80 prior to Cata, so we have a maxed Tailor and a second enchanter.
Peerpressure is now level 72, and at 443 skinning and 450 mining. My personal thanks to the hordies that didn't gank me as I got the last 30 levels on mining in Wintergrasp. Again PP will be 80 before Cata.
Which leaves me one last profession decision to make - and make soon.
When 80 comes I will have access to every profession at 450 bar a blacksmith. As it stands right now I will have double ups on skinners, enchanters, alchemists and engineers.
I am very comfortable having two skinners and two enchanters. The alchemists have different specialisations (transmute and flask) so again I am happy.
But two engineers? Sure ones gnomish and one is goblin but my investigations doesnt show that I need two engineers going into Cata.
I therefore intend to drop engineering on my Rogue, Cynicism. I have short listed the options down to three:
- Blacksmith - my only missing profession. Could power level easily at this stage.
- Herbalist - would mean having two herbalists, with two alchemists and a scribe to supply. A bitch to level
- Miner - a second miner would provide for an engineer and a JCer. Relatively easy to level.

5 comments:
Mining harder to level than herbalism? Where are you trying?
Having levelled both herbalism (then dropped it) and mining (toon is still mid 40's), I find that mining is 'harder', as is is very easy to clear out levelling nodes (there seems to be more herb nodes in an area).
Regardless, I find the best way to level gathering is to set a hearth stone near where I want to gather, do a circuit, and log/swap toons.
For the record - blacksmithing over gathering. You already have gathering toons to keep you busy for the first few weeks, and then you will be making stuff instead of farming anyway.
With Mining you can at least knock off around 40% of the 450 smelting ore you mine or buy from the AH.
With herbalism - to level you pick a plant - that's it. No other option.
I agree with Foo, definately blacksmithing over gathering.
After the first few weeks of Cataclysm where ore and herbs will be hyper-inflated their gold per hour will be well below the potential of a new notched cobalt axe-esque technique which will surely come sooner or later.
Who said the change had to be permanent?
Definitely Blacksmithing IF this is a toon you plan on leaving parked for a while. It's not like you can have more than one gatherer gathering at the same time, so once you're level capped (or as high as you plan to get for the near future) then I do not see any advantage to having more than one farmer.
But, if it's one of the first toon or two I planned to push to 85, I'd grab gathering skills on all of them until they're done questing.
Post a Comment