The first day of the experiment to test whether I should trust Auctioneers Resale search explicitly was interesting.
I outlaid more than 2400g on purchases and posting feels and found myself this morning about 1500g down from where I started. Not a great start, and I am not surprised.
I have made a decision to adjust one of my filters - item quality - to exclude all weapons and armour below epic. I did this because I know that selling blue items is a fickle market - I am nervous about leaving in epics to be honest but I would have lost out on the Nightmare Ender if I was that rigid in my thinking.
Blue items are problematic. They sell, but slowly. Itemisation on a blue item can be practically useless. I picked up a blue ring weeks ago for 30s, which has 11 str, 12 int on it. A confused Paladin is about the only market for them, but the market price was 190g. Thankfully the posting cost is a few silver so it's not a biggie.
Remembering that I have personally screwed AA data to sell rare plans is all the proof I need that market data should not be trusted. So excluding blue items gives me the ability to observe the market for longer - trust me that my 10k would not last long if I purchased every blue suggested.
However, saying all I have just said, I have been surprised by some of my observations. I picked up a Voodoo Skull for 30g and the market price was 110g. Yeah right!
Except it sold - for 116g. I was flabbergasted I admit
I outlaid more than 2400g on purchases and posting feels and found myself this morning about 1500g down from where I started. Not a great start, and I am not surprised.
I have made a decision to adjust one of my filters - item quality - to exclude all weapons and armour below epic. I did this because I know that selling blue items is a fickle market - I am nervous about leaving in epics to be honest but I would have lost out on the Nightmare Ender if I was that rigid in my thinking.
Blue items are problematic. They sell, but slowly. Itemisation on a blue item can be practically useless. I picked up a blue ring weeks ago for 30s, which has 11 str, 12 int on it. A confused Paladin is about the only market for them, but the market price was 190g. Thankfully the posting cost is a few silver so it's not a biggie.
Remembering that I have personally screwed AA data to sell rare plans is all the proof I need that market data should not be trusted. So excluding blue items gives me the ability to observe the market for longer - trust me that my 10k would not last long if I purchased every blue suggested.
However, saying all I have just said, I have been surprised by some of my observations. I picked up a Voodoo Skull for 30g and the market price was 110g. Yeah right!
Except it sold - for 116g. I was flabbergasted I admit

1 comment:
Love this picture, had me cracking up big-time!
Post a Comment