Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Smiting Gives You Wiiiiiiings!!!!

I havent really talked much about 4.0.1 outside of the AH. Now that things have settled I wanted to write two posts about my beloved mains Sardonica and Puraa - the priest and hunter.

I'll start with Sardonica just because my opinion of him has changed most dramatically since the patch hit. I officially announced a few weeks back to my guild that Puraa was now my main, and that although Sardonica would always be available to the guild if required, my preference would be to bring the hunter.
The reason I made this decision was because I was becoming disillusioned with the role I'd found myself in. My shadow DPS offspec was mediocre at best, and I'd lost the love of discipline because we were basically considered second rate citizens compared to our Paladin cousins, and healing generally meant a lot of bubble spamming and the occasional penance when the Paladin was spiked/MCed/picking their nose.

In short, I wasnt feeling the love.

Come 4.0.1, and I fell in love once again with the priest.

I've specced as follows: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfMorRcbforoMZh

It probably isn't perfect - I miss inner focus and desperate prayer. But its fun to play. I smite to my hearts content and giggle when I get my wings *Smiting Gives You Wiiiiiiings!*

I like Strength of Soul - bringing heal into my arsenal is intriguing. I intend to look at Train of Thought as well, because that Penance cooldown would give options on the third glyph. I enjoy the fact that you are balancing doing one thing (i.e healing) whilst considering the benefits of how you do that. It's far more three dimensional in my mine, which is worlds apart from 'Bubble, bubble, oh yeah bubble you too.". Throw into the mix DPSing to give yourself better heals also gives colour to the once black and white.

I realise that the new talent tree is intended for level 85 content. I care not. Why wait to try out all the new toys we have, learn it now and be a better healer when you reach end content in a few months.

I ran a ICC 10, and out healed the Paladin and the druid. This is even before mitigation. I personally think we will see a nerf, because its obvious that right now disc priests are a little overpowered.

I recently read Tam's take on Disc in 4.0.1 - I had to read it twice just make sure I wasn't missing the subtle humour. Its really is amazing that their opinion of disc is so vastly different to mine. I certainly hope the love goes their way soon.

As as a response to Tam - The Power Word: Cheese (Barrier) - I love it... I love the fact tanks naturally migrate to its golden safety. I think we will see it become a vital addition to our repertoire, and even if it doesnt - priests always have had some questionable top tier abilities - Dispersion anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment