Taken from Domino Part One - In The Glow Of The Night - Genesis
In silence and darkness
We held each other near that night
We prayed it would last forever.
Forgive my indulgences.Its lunch time and I got to thinking about writing this post and for some reason Domino was a song that started reverberating around my head. Its a song about how one incident can affect another and another - the Domino Effect.
Yesterday is a bit of a blur. 8am became 10am became noon. The server finally came up at just after 1pm. And we were off...
QA3 was working just about. I posted glyphs for 75g and 25g fallback. It was obviously that a lot of people had taken down their glyphs or they had expired. I'd posted just before shutdown so I knew I was covered.
For the next few hours it was a posting game. Log a toon, post. Rinse. Repeat. I increased prices to 100g with 30g fall back, and still they sold.
15k sales in two hours when I last wrote here. This continued for a few hours more.
________________
Blood on the windows
Millions of ordinary people are there
They gaze at the scenery
They act as if it is perfectly clear
Take a look at the mountains
Take a look at the beautiful river of blood.
Millions of ordinary people are there
They gaze at the scenery
They act as if it is perfectly clear
Take a look at the mountains
Take a look at the beautiful river of blood.
Suddenly the scribes appeared in /trade. They obviously hadn't been prepared, so were selling glyphs to order - "Bring your own herbs - just 10g each". No doubt they got business, but they weren't clearing 5k an hour. I learnt the seven new glyphs, and even got another out of a book of glyph mastery (a warrior glyph requiring level 81). Late in the evening I discovered the Glyph of Fireball from my Northrend Research. Nine new glyphs in total, all selling.
Around 5 or 6pm the Aussies came home from work. 5000 glyphs on the AH became 10000. Undercutting began, sales slowed. I took this as an opportunity to spec/glyph my priest and hunter, to test out the fun side of 4.0.1. After the harsh realisation that my hunter has been resoundingly beaten with the nerf bat I decided to raid ICC 10 on my priest. Disc is awesome. I love it and love my priest once again.
_____________________________
Sheets of double glazing help to keep outside the night,
Only foreign city sirens can cut through,
Nylon sheets and blankets help to minimize the cold.
But they can't keep out the chilling sounds.
Only foreign city sirens can cut through,
Nylon sheets and blankets help to minimize the cold.
But they can't keep out the chilling sounds.
During the evening I got a working copy of auctioneer installed. This allowed me to see the market once again and see what the major areas of impact were. It was a relief to get Auctioneer back. I know that there are many who wont have a working copy, yet another advantage to use against the masses.
Gems have of course bounced back, selling for 120g+ uncut. I was disappointed that the alchemy change wasnt actioned (gem transmute now resets at midnight server time rather than 20 hours - I believed it when the sources that said it had been removed) so I have probably over invested in non epic gems and eternals, but thankfully I didnt panic buy. I set decent snatch prices so should be able to cover the loses easy enough. If I waited for Cata, eternals will do what primals did at the release of Lich King. There is always profit for the patient. My epic gem supplies have sold, for healthy prices to boot.
Enchanting mats remained flat - I suspected there was a chance there would be a run on new enchants, but as these weren't changed I was sadly mistaken.
Last thing I did before bed last night was download 'Zero Auctions' a QA3 replacement (same software revamped by a new developer) and was able to find the best selling glyphs to restock. I did this this morning, which allows me to cover the entire market for another couple of days. After this I might not have the stocks to keep up, but as I said before - it doesn't matter.
________________________
Do you know, do you know, do you know what you have done
Do you see what you've begun?
Cos there's nothing, nothing, nothing
There's nothing you can do, there's nothing you can do
Do you see, do you see what you have done?
Do you see what you've begun?
Cos there's nothing, nothing, nothing
There's nothing you can do, there's nothing you can do
Do you see, do you see what you have done?
The cost of making glyphs has of course increased. Every glyph costs 3 inks each. Those stores of 1000s of inks doesn't last long, and I will be honest I under estimated what I would need. I am out of ink and into my limited herb supplies already
After the weekend the glyph market is practically dead. I saw purchasers buying 10-20 glyphs each. The new interface allows them to see what they dont know, and many players are filling in the gaps. And once someone has all their glyphs, I will never see their custom again on that toon. I know that I personally got all the priest and hunter glyphs learnt, it allows me to respec and reglyph without needing to run constantly to the AH. Why would you just buy three glyphs, when if you by 20 you know them all forever? Of course there will be some who are sensible and will wait for the madness to subside, but that's just shrapnel compared to the battle that just occurred
Over the weekend many players will have the opportunity to spend quality time with their toons, but already the glyph prices are falling. This morning I listed with a price of 100g but a fallback dropped to 20g. This allowed me to post significant numbers (600+) of glyphs before work. No doubt I've been undercut. Prices will slide away as more and more scribes try to compete. The usual faces are already there (and were prepared) but now you have the novices who are playing at the edges - an annoyance but not to be ignored.
______________________
Now I'm one with the living and I'm feeling just fine
I know just what I gotta do
Play the game of happiness and never let on
That it only lives on in a song - oh
Well there's nothing you can do when you're next in line
You've got to go domino.
I know just what I gotta do
Play the game of happiness and never let on
That it only lives on in a song - oh
Well there's nothing you can do when you're next in line
You've got to go domino.
The thrill (and it was a huge buzz) was being there at the start. I final went to bed a little after 2am. 12 hours of mayhem with a total income for the 12 hours of 52k. I am back past gold cap and very very happy. Who knows whether I've made another 10 or 20k today, all I know is I'll never reach the dizzy heights of the day 4.0.1 went live.

3 comments:
I still have not been able to log in, as the downloader failed at the final stage. Grumble Grumble. The Web based AH just doesn't cut it, especially when you are limited to 200 stacks (thought it was 200 posts).
I still have my glyph & ink stockpiles.When I do get back on, I have some inks to sell - 30g each anyone?
That said, I am expecting (praying for?) another glyph sales spike as undercutters get bought out over the weekend. I can live in hope.
And I made 1K by selling off the stacks of Glyphs I had in my bags for swapping in on particular fights. And until I read your post, I was thinking I had done very well.
Like Foo, I had the downloader fail - at Finish. Frustrating.
Enchanting mats on Saurfang yesterday were through the roof but seem to have normalised today. Gems are coming down again too. Think I missed the boat to riches . . .
Hey Breevok,
Nice post.
I caught that glyph wave. : )
I couldn't get on for the first day and a half of 4.0.1 but had posted 3500 glyphs the night before shutdown. On that basis it looks like 20k+ sales!
/agree Foo - the weekend will likely spike somewhat - things are definitely slowing down though... or is that the undercutters who've now worked out what's going on : )
Post a Comment