I mentioned yesterday that I was to test a hypohthesis. I hate thinking I know something when I havent actually tested it out, so it is time to put my money where my headspace is.
Sardonica is my main auction house scanner and scalper. I scan at least twice a day, and then search of purchases.
My settings for what it brings down are my own, and vary from everyone else. That is part of what makes AA so powerful, you can adjust it to suit your goblin style.
My routine is pretty set, I search for snatch, disenchant, prospect, then for resale. I use the other searchers on occasion but not every time I scan the AH.
This experiment focuses on the resale search. I need to see at least 1g profit, for the purchases to be at least 50% of market price and for the item to have been seen at least 10 times. I have filtered out some items (simple flour, rough arrows etc) and the occasionaly 'real' item (my most recent being the Tankard O'Terror from Brewfest). I have other filters in place that remove various items based on quality etc. But these are set and dont vary day to day
When I run the search I get something like this:
It is at this point that I stop believing AA automatically and let my braincell kick in and screen the options put before me. For example I would not buy the gems listed above but would grab the large brilliant shards. I basically pick and choose my way through the possible options before me. I use AA as a tool, but still retain the final decision.
Until now. I have set up a toon and sent them 10k. Immediately following Sardonica doing what he normally does, this new toon goes in and buys everything that was suggested by AA's resale search. And I mean everything.
First time it resulted in 240 items costing 1318g. These are both buyout and bid upon items, so the initial clearing of the mailbox resulted in 222 items.
I have then relisted at the market prices AA has suggested at a current cost of 164g in AH posting fees. I have formed stack sizes of items I feel most appropriate and ended up with 300+ auctions on for 48 hours.
I intend to do this everytime Sard does a scan, and see whether I do myself a disservice (or more accurately do AA a disservice) by not purchasing everything suggested. Time will tell.
Sardonica is my main auction house scanner and scalper. I scan at least twice a day, and then search of purchases.
My settings for what it brings down are my own, and vary from everyone else. That is part of what makes AA so powerful, you can adjust it to suit your goblin style.
My routine is pretty set, I search for snatch, disenchant, prospect, then for resale. I use the other searchers on occasion but not every time I scan the AH.
This experiment focuses on the resale search. I need to see at least 1g profit, for the purchases to be at least 50% of market price and for the item to have been seen at least 10 times. I have filtered out some items (simple flour, rough arrows etc) and the occasionaly 'real' item (my most recent being the Tankard O'Terror from Brewfest). I have other filters in place that remove various items based on quality etc. But these are set and dont vary day to day
When I run the search I get something like this:
It is at this point that I stop believing AA automatically and let my braincell kick in and screen the options put before me. For example I would not buy the gems listed above but would grab the large brilliant shards. I basically pick and choose my way through the possible options before me. I use AA as a tool, but still retain the final decision.
Until now. I have set up a toon and sent them 10k. Immediately following Sardonica doing what he normally does, this new toon goes in and buys everything that was suggested by AA's resale search. And I mean everything.
First time it resulted in 240 items costing 1318g. These are both buyout and bid upon items, so the initial clearing of the mailbox resulted in 222 items.
I have then relisted at the market prices AA has suggested at a current cost of 164g in AH posting fees. I have formed stack sizes of items I feel most appropriate and ended up with 300+ auctions on for 48 hours.
I intend to do this everytime Sard does a scan, and see whether I do myself a disservice (or more accurately do AA a disservice) by not purchasing everything suggested. Time will tell.


2 comments:
WOW! This should be interesting. I pick and choose, too. I suspect your initial instincts are correct, but I guess we'll all find out.
I've been going pretty much with what auctioneer says on alliance side rexxar. I've excluded the obvious "spikes"; things like white weapons that were clearly not going to sell. My gold threshold is set for 50g minimum. The only other thing that I don't pick up is things like the tankard o' terror during brewfest, I'll wait until the price stabilizes again.
Over the past few months, I've been averaging a pretty brainless 10k a week. At this stage, I don't even really examine what I'm buying anymore unless I'm really bored, as it's quicker to just do a batch purchase and absorb the occasional bad buy for me.
Not the most efficient way to make money, but it's definitely been working for me.
Post a Comment