Wednesday, October 13, 2010

So we sit and we wait


Yeah its true, I took a days leave for 4.0.1.

Servers were meant to be back at 8am in New Zealand. Then 10am. Now midday.

Downloads are complete, patch is installed. So I sit and I wait for the servers to come back online.

Dishes are done. Washing is in the machine. Done all my finances for the month.

And still I wait.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey :) a fellow NZer waiting on the servers. Sup. Although I'm on study leave (work paying for uni /win). Hopefully they're back up at midday.

... should probably actually do some study I spose.

Anonymous said...

Update your addons!

This bloody Blizzard Updater is probably gonna take longer than server maintenance for me >_>

Liam said...

I wish I had the foresight to take a day off work.

xoxo anaalius

Indy said...

Oh, I pretty much knew that the announced time would be extended, and planned for it. I also expect the servers to be a bit, or even very unstable.

So I'm off to LOTRO for a while. The AH can wait, I put up some glyphs shortly before downtime.

Cameron Baillie said...

The servers are expected to be up at 6pm Sydney time so I should be all good without the day off.
I expect that the server will be crashing constantly anyway so I'll be posting up some cheeky stuff as I can in between rolling restarts. The breaking and nerfing of AH mods will make any auctioneering very tiresome however.

Slyvanna said...

I just finished saying something similiar.

Though it was kind of to be expected

BellaTheTank said...

Anyone get the feeling that project methodology is not a strong point at Blizzard.

I appreciate its a big job and that things go wrong (I'm on an IT change committee for a decent size company).
Surely you would do a test migration on a reasonable sample size(i.e. Clone a realm/battlegroup), time it and add a contingency. Not hard for something with Blizz's resources
12hr outage, +2 hrs, +2hrs, +1hr looks like ameteur hour. Call it 18hours up front and get appreciation from the masses when its up after 17.
Really the 2nd 2hr outage.. "Erm we forgot to migrate our management tools"
It happens occasionally no biggie, but every patch!

Mogul said...

I'm still at work but the servers are not up yet you say? Quick to the forums, there's not a moment's nerd rage to miss!! Raaaargh!

; )

Post a Comment