Monday, October 11, 2010

In less than three days...

Yes yes yes. I know. In less than three days (in all likelihood) patch 4.0.1 will hit.

4.0.1 is going to bring huge fundamental changes to all aspects of WoW - and a full list of the changes can be found here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=26725675995

I am going to admit at this point that I'm not 100% convinced I am ready. The Lich King is still not died at my hands.

But come Wednesday I get to respec into alien trees, will be able to reforge my gear if I so desire, add new glyphs to my character. My hunter will no longer have mana, nor care about ArP. All exciting stuff I admit, but I'm still not particularly looking forward to it.


Raids will now have a shared lockout - each toon will only see Marrowgar once a week rather than twice. This does sadden me, because they haven't upped the gear in 10 mans, so it seems strange they have implemented this at this time.

Inscription changes - new glyphs, changed glyphs. Money will roll in. Life will be good. Except glyphing will become bloody hard work. For those that haven't heard of the AH interface changes you probably want to read up.  Posting glyphs isnt going to be a simple click and walk away job. If you post 1000 glyphs a day, look forward to RSI in the near future. Kiss QA3 and Auctioneer functionality goodbye for a while. In fact if what I read is correct, kiss QA3 goodbye forever. At least Norganna and his team are working on Auctioneer still, but there will be changes and we are all going to have to adjust to them.

Jewelcrafting is going to get hit as well. With alchemy transmute of gems dropping from a 20hour cooldown to a 1 second cool down, watch the prices fall and stay low for the future. There may be a few exceptions immediately post patch (hit gems would be one suggestion) but don't expect it to last forever.

And emblems will become justice points as I posted about earlier this week. It honestly is time to dump the frost emblems and retain whatever triumphs you have. Farm triumphs to your hearts content for the next couple of days, but if you cannot see that your frosts are going to be devalued come Wednesday then you are at the wrong blog

What am I stockpiling? Inks obviously, but will have stocks of glyphs made beforehand (due to the changes in number of inks used per glyph). I have some sub epic gems put aside as well as some eternal but have cleared my epics. I've stocks of enchanting mats and a range of various other items needed for item enhancement. Just your standard patch fair.

QA and Auctioneer will, of course, not be the only addons affected. Every addon will become useless until replaced. Expect popular addons like recount or healbot to be immediately available, but the smaller addons may take a while longer to be released (if at all).

Patch times always bring huge changes, but we'll get through it and appear the other side stronger for it. Some changes will make things easier, others harder - so buckle yourself in, the next three days should be one hell of a ride.

2 comments:

Markco said...

The boys on the JMTC forums are hard at work creating a new QA3 plugin which currently is working and downloadable for 4.0.1

The original QA3 author has called it quits but that doens't mean the addon is dead, far from it, the main programmer here, zerotorescue, has been hard at working beefing up the addon with plugins. In fact, it was his plugin (qa3 poster) which got the attention of blizzard and ultimately brought about the changes coming in 4.0.

More Info Here

Anonymous said...

As an FYI you will still be able to raid both 10 and 25 ICC. The change for this patch is in allowing a saved toon to continue with another group that has a diff saved raid ID as long as they are at the same point or farther then where you are at.

Post a Comment