Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat
Please put a penny in the old man's hat
If you haven't got a penny, a ha'penny will do
If you haven't got a ha'penny, then God bless you!
Please put a penny in the old man's hat
If you haven't got a penny, a ha'penny will do
If you haven't got a ha'penny, then God bless you!
Bah! Humbug!
I'm in my last week at work before a break through until the 5th of January. You'd think it would be quiet around here, but actually its not. Alas December and January are particularly busy times in my job and so we spend this time preparing for the madness next month will bring.
To make things worse, the cafe owners who sub-lease here decide that this week is a good week to close down. The result is I enter caffeine withdrawal around 10am which doesn't help with my mood. Throw 90%+ humidity into the mix and my head space really isn't set up for a productive work environment.
So between e-mails, phonecalls, reports and meetings I try and take some time (aka lunch) to think about writing this blog.
I am thoroughly enjoying WoW at the moment. Partially because there are many ways to avoid facing the hard realities that heroics are damn hard and I have to totally relearn how to heal. Healing as a disc priest was very much based around keeping people topped up. These days its about making sure everyone has 5% health at the end of each fight. Its hugely challenging, and tiring to boot. But its good to have to stretch the grey matter every once in a while.
I now have two toons at 83 as well as the priest at 85. I'm keen to get my beloved hunter through to 85 asap. having maxed engineering on her I want to get into the less pressured CC DPS role in heroics and get some chaos orbs so I can get myself a huge loud beautifully noisy gun :)
Anyway one's though turn to gold. Since hitting the mythical 400k, I seem to have had a change of tack. I've started making larger investments than I usually would. Still relatively low risk ones, but throwing 20k at them rather than 3 or 4k.
Obviously 4k invested with a 60% payout gives you a little over 2k profit. Investing 20k gives you 12k profit. These kind of deals arent going to last much longer, but in the meantime I intend to press the advantage of having a huge bank roll.
As a side thought - alas no I dont have an alchemist/Enchanter. Wouldnt that have been the greatest thing - Maelstrom Crystals for 500-600g! Blizzard will no doubt patch this shortly but until then I look forward to seeing prices on these very desirable items drop to under 1k in the very near future.
Talking of alchemists, yesterday I got a huge win. My alchemist did a truegold transmute and procced 5 bars. Must have been because I had just given away some fel iron bars to a guildie - karma and all that. It's funny how little things that the RNG throws up can make your day.
Tonight I hit 525 JCing and quite possibly 525 inscription if I get impatient with the forged documents (I'm 521 atm) which will be the end of profession grinding for all my toons until the next expansion. These have been a gold sink, but I'm still further ahead than I started so its not all bad.
So now starts the rep grinds and the JP/VP grinds. We hope to be raiding my mid January. No doubt some Cael guild or other will have clear it by them but so what? We are called More Than Raids for a reason.
So between e-mails, phonecalls, reports and meetings I try and take some time (aka lunch) to think about writing this blog.
I am thoroughly enjoying WoW at the moment. Partially because there are many ways to avoid facing the hard realities that heroics are damn hard and I have to totally relearn how to heal. Healing as a disc priest was very much based around keeping people topped up. These days its about making sure everyone has 5% health at the end of each fight. Its hugely challenging, and tiring to boot. But its good to have to stretch the grey matter every once in a while.
I now have two toons at 83 as well as the priest at 85. I'm keen to get my beloved hunter through to 85 asap. having maxed engineering on her I want to get into the less pressured CC DPS role in heroics and get some chaos orbs so I can get myself a huge loud beautifully noisy gun :)
__________________________________
Anyway one's though turn to gold. Since hitting the mythical 400k, I seem to have had a change of tack. I've started making larger investments than I usually would. Still relatively low risk ones, but throwing 20k at them rather than 3 or 4k.
Obviously 4k invested with a 60% payout gives you a little over 2k profit. Investing 20k gives you 12k profit. These kind of deals arent going to last much longer, but in the meantime I intend to press the advantage of having a huge bank roll.
As a side thought - alas no I dont have an alchemist/Enchanter. Wouldnt that have been the greatest thing - Maelstrom Crystals for 500-600g! Blizzard will no doubt patch this shortly but until then I look forward to seeing prices on these very desirable items drop to under 1k in the very near future.
Talking of alchemists, yesterday I got a huge win. My alchemist did a truegold transmute and procced 5 bars. Must have been because I had just given away some fel iron bars to a guildie - karma and all that. It's funny how little things that the RNG throws up can make your day.
Tonight I hit 525 JCing and quite possibly 525 inscription if I get impatient with the forged documents (I'm 521 atm) which will be the end of profession grinding for all my toons until the next expansion. These have been a gold sink, but I'm still further ahead than I started so its not all bad.
So now starts the rep grinds and the JP/VP grinds. We hope to be raiding my mid January. No doubt some Cael guild or other will have clear it by them but so what? We are called More Than Raids for a reason.
Thought of the Day - How much are Bolts of Embersilk on your server?

3 comments:
stacks of cloth sell for 100g (roughly) on my server and the bolts are slightly higher priced. Laughing Skull H(us)
Cloth is 10g a piece... im keeping it there for now thank you very much! and bolts have bottomed down to 60g
Crowd control is very important to successful Heroics. For every 5 mobs, 2-3 should be cc'd for the entire duration. This makes the tanks and healers job manageable. Boss fights are not necessarily difficult once you learn the mechanics. But tbh, even well-geared guilds wipe on Heroics, mine included. They are quite challenging. My first run of H Grim Batol took 3 hours.
As a lock, I have banish and the glyph of fear. I dont like having to cc 2 mobs and dps, but many times I do. I also have healthstones and Nether Protection < which I use on cd. I Life tap before using Soul Fire and Chaos Bolt, as these spells will heal me. So anything dps can do to make life easier for tanks and healers should be utilized. Encourage your raiders to do so. But most of all, enjoy the challenge. It's fun!
Just some cute green-haired gnome.
Post a Comment