Saturday, December 18, 2010

You want it your way? You've Got It!


I got a comment on my previous post which hit a nerve for me.

Firstly please let me say that I would never dare tell anyone that the way they want to play WoW is wrong. If I was ever that arrogant I would hope someone would point it out and tell me to STFU.

WoW for me (as it has for others) has changed in the time I've played. My early WoW history has been posted before but to summise there were three of us playing on a single account. Sardonica was not the toon that was max level (Catreann was) - in fact Sard just sat in the AH making gold.

After WotLK was released we split Sard out and he finally reached level 80. MTRs was formed, Sard raided, I started this blog. WotLK was a fun expansion because Sard hit gold cap and all was fine and dandy.

I entered Cata with 375k. I gave 30k to family. This morning I broke 400k. I'm still a skinflint and refuse to pay over the top prices for anything. I find it impossible to be frivilous.

What I intend to do in the future is unclear. I will move out of the glyph market - this much I know for sure. I just dont know when. The reason I will leave is because its too time consuming.

Unlike the fortune card seller mentioned previously, I couldnt imagine a worse way to spend two hours than in trade. I rarely answer pleas for service from other players bar guidies. My medium is the AH and I personally very proud at how well I utilise it.

However saying all this - I would never tell someone that how they spend their time is wrong. The fortune card seller is someone I am quite fond of and am actually amused people will pay 200g for a card that costs 10g to make. And if he wishes to put me to 5 minutes more work I will be happy to do so :)

So to Altolycus. Sir, you play the game however you want to. I've added you and Venture LLT to my blog roll.

Welcome to you both to the blogsphere - may your coffers never ever run dry :)

3 comments:

Admin said...

I love you mang. I know from being a loyal reader of yours, that you are definitely not errogant. When I read your post, it seemed as if it was wrote for me (weird, I know, maybe that makes me errogant?). I researched on writing blogs when I first started mine and one of the highlights "write to make people think". You definitely did that with me.

After waking up this morning, I popped a MeanBean, stepped out, had a smoke, logged in, did an AH scan, and started checking new posts on all my favorite blogs, my morning ritual....

But what was weird about this morning, was after reading your post above, I am now craving a Whopper. See what your posts do to me?! You must be rocking some type of subliminal messages. Hahaha.

So a big thanks to you for taking the time to respond to my post, and if you took offense to my comment, I did not mean for it to be that way, it was more of a props for your writing skills.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Breevok! I actually got a good read out of all this. I've only been playing for 5 months now, but lately, I've been very focused on making gold.

I often wonder when I can 'retire' or 'half-retire' and run around doing frivolous stuff like leveling cooking (missed all of Pilgrim's Bounty) or Archaelogy (which I know nothing about) - or fishing or exploring all the new zones.

I'm still chewing on that idea, and I know that when I figure it out, it'll be a full post, if not an entire series. It'd be really cool to get some more of your perspectives on this game being about more than gold (I'd love it if you might be willing to do a guest post about this).

Congrats to you on the 400k, and thanks for the add and well-wishes! Keep on keeping it real, man!

Anonymous said...

Breevok...quit undercutting me! You're lucky I love Cat too much.

Just some cute green-haired gnome.

Post a Comment