The season premier of The Apprentice is just around the corner. I have already introduced Imrahill in my first Apprentice post earlier this week, who will be the star of the show. But a couple of the comments I received wanted a little more clarification on the rules of the experiment, so before I kick off with the first challenge I thought I'd give more substance to the foundations of where I envisage this series of posts heading.
Kammler said...
Immy will have complete freedom to do whatever he wishes. The idea is to give Imrahill the tools to become self sufficient. This is about empowerment not spoon feeding.
So far in preparation Immy has moved an alt he doesnt use to Darnassus and sent him 1000g. That is his investment in the programme. I offer to pout up the 1k but Immy wouldnt take it. I have not guranteed the start up, but I feel I have set the seeding fund at a point where Immy will survive if everything goes wrong.
That toon will buy and sell everything. This will allow us all to see what profit is made (or lost) during the week, without need to take into consideration other factors such as repairs, loot etc etc
During the weekend I will give Imrahill three ideas for making gold. One will be based on his gathering professions, one based on his manufacturing professions and one based on using the AH to buy/sell for profit. Imrahill will then use one, two, all or none of these ideas for the coming week. Ideally he will limit his gold making time to around one hour a day or seven hours across the week.
Chad said...
I hope that Immy will consider giving his comments to the posts, eventually possibly even writing his own post or two. However this was not part of the conditions of selection, so I will be leaving that entirely up to him.
Finally I have a few weekly challanges to throw at Imrahill. Breevok v Immy so to speak. These will hopefully add a little spice to the proceedings along the way :)
Kammler said...
Are you giving Imrahill the ability to outside your advice, or is he limited to what you suggest? What are the parameters? Are you staking him any gold, or guaranteeing his return in any way? I'm really curious on the details.
I think it would be awesome to have you report progress but also have him do a weekly update on what he learned, failures and successes. Not only would the different perspectives be fun to read it would be instructional for all Jr. Goblins out there.
Immy will have complete freedom to do whatever he wishes. The idea is to give Imrahill the tools to become self sufficient. This is about empowerment not spoon feeding.
So far in preparation Immy has moved an alt he doesnt use to Darnassus and sent him 1000g. That is his investment in the programme. I offer to pout up the 1k but Immy wouldnt take it. I have not guranteed the start up, but I feel I have set the seeding fund at a point where Immy will survive if everything goes wrong.
That toon will buy and sell everything. This will allow us all to see what profit is made (or lost) during the week, without need to take into consideration other factors such as repairs, loot etc etc
During the weekend I will give Imrahill three ideas for making gold. One will be based on his gathering professions, one based on his manufacturing professions and one based on using the AH to buy/sell for profit. Imrahill will then use one, two, all or none of these ideas for the coming week. Ideally he will limit his gold making time to around one hour a day or seven hours across the week.
Chad said...
Also, figuring you'll be doing this anyway, but is there any chance you'll be remotely "apprenticing" all of us through this as well? :D I know my glyph business, but would sure enjoy being a fly on the wall as you apprentice him in other areas!I will of course be giving detail of the ideas I give to Imrahill. However the show will be 'pre-recorded' meaning Immy will have the week with these ideas before they are revealed to the masses. This means that readers of the blog will still benefit, but readers from Cael will not try and disrupt the experiment by targeting Imrahill, already knowing what he knows. I believe thats fairest for everyone involved.
I hope that Immy will consider giving his comments to the posts, eventually possibly even writing his own post or two. However this was not part of the conditions of selection, so I will be leaving that entirely up to him.
Finally I have a few weekly challanges to throw at Imrahill. Breevok v Immy so to speak. These will hopefully add a little spice to the proceedings along the way :)

2 comments:
Looking forward to following this saga over the next few weeks. Glad it is "open season" for the apprentice to choose his own path.
Hopefully you can get Imrahill to do a guest post once in a while to give his take on what is going on.
Also looking forward to this! I haven been sorta contemplating doing something like this myself but I can never bring myself to introduce more competition to my markets lol.
Post a Comment