Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Foo and Moonvengenge - I smell war...

Dear Foo and Moonvengenge

Now you two have now kissed and made up following my previous post - and prices have started to increase across the glyph market (mission accomplished - do you all get it now? Jeez some people are slow) I just thought I'd let you know some news.

You have a couple of upstarts to sort out. Could you please do something about them please as they are affecting my cherry picking. This morning I logged into my glyph sellers to collect my daily 3k. In the past 24 hours I have sold 5 glyphs, total income under 300g.

It really isnt good enough chaps, I finally get you two working together and my income was increasing (as I know both yours were as well) and then this happens. Neoriv looks particularly annoying so I would suggest you take him down before he gets a solid hold.

I understand there may be a siege for a while. Thats fine, I'm happy to wait it out. I'll bring hot chocolate to see you through the night.

My thanks in advance for your hard work.

Breevok

8 comments:

Foo said...

Thanks - for something, I think.

Unknown said...

Haha - wasn't I just wishing for something like this to happen on my server? Unfortunately, I think I'm the only one in position to pull it off, and I just don't have the time to do it... Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi there Breevok,

Well isn't this getting interesting ;)

I really don't think I qualify as either an upstart or an interloper (from Foo's latest). I've been in the glyph market since about 3.2. I dabble a bit in other markets, but glyphing has been my cash cow.

Or at least it was until a couple of weeks back.

Largely, throughout the past 18 months or so, I've ignored the competition. Sure, I've been aware of it - particularly foo as he's been the most obvious player. But I've been making good levels of cash throughout, and I've assumed the other players do too. Haven't seen a need to specifically target anyone.

But then, a couple of weeks back the market dried up. I went searching for an answer, and found it here. I'd been aware of your blog (and foo's) for some time. Drop in occasionally, but haven't followed regularly. I've been watching the blogs over the past week a bit more closely to see what's been going on in the Moony v Foo war.

And now, dangit, you've gone and dragged me into the middle of it! And this just after saying you wanted the market war to stop! I really don't want to take part in a war, don't have the time or dedication. If moon & foo really want to target me, I'm sure they'll be successful, but it'll kill the market in the short term, and I'm not planning on giving it away, there's just too much gold to be made glyphing!

Right now, I've been dedicating more effort to the glyph market than I have in the past, but that's just for survival. I'd rather just go back to posting once a day or so as I have over the past year and a half, and my expectations are even more modest than your daily 3k.

I don't believe I'm the reason you sold just 5 glyphs, I've had several days like that recently as well. Whilst Moony has the ability to post in bulk the way he has been doing, the market is at his mercy. And good luck to him, it's a lot of hard work to do what he's been doing, a lot more than I'm prepared to put in.

Maybe we can convince him to transfer to Chad's server :)

Cheers.
Neoriv.

Foo said...

Welcome Neoriv to our blogs - even if you did post on the wrong blog. Now, if we could only get an 'on the record' statment from Moonvengence :)

Unknown said...

Just to toss out a reference to the elephant in the room (elephant? What elephant? I don't see any elephant--don't be absurd!), is anyone else pondering whether the declines we're all seeing actually has little to do with competitive activity and is more the beginning of the end of the Worgen/goblin reroll/alt wave that started 12/7? I.e. the slow death of demand, rather than a burst of supply?

My recent research on my server is showing a lot more aggressive undercutting than was occurring before--but as far as I can tell those undercutters aren't actually selling much either. I think the aggression may just be a symptom of the causal demand curve, and not actually a response to any causal change in the supply curve.

Anonymous said...

Hi Foo,
I would hazard a guess that Neoriv is intelligent enough to work out which blog he was posting on.

Anonymous said...

Anon - I just assumed Foo wanted me to post on his blog instead of this one. Which I will at some point - thanks for the invitation Foo!

Chad has a good point. Perhaps not the beginning of the end, but the school year in Australia has just started, so there's been a mass exodus of kiddies playing during the day. And it's fair to assume that said kiddies were contributing a fair portion of the levelling toons that would have been our prime customers.

Whilst this may have contributed to a sharpish drop in the market, I think it will level out again for a while now.

Neo.

Anonymous said...

I do not dabble in the glyph market. But I do buy glyphs from time to time for various reasons. That said...I will not buy your glyph if you are the obvious controller or if you've posted 1 copper under everyone else. So if you post in 1s or 2s and seem to be a casual seller, then I will buy your glyph even if its a bit more expensive than the others. Food for thought.

Post a Comment