Thought I should have a say about this right away seeing as its going to be old news by next week.
According to recent data mining in the 4.1 PTR :
Jewelcrafting
Not!
I refuse to jump on this bandwagon for a variety of reasons, a few of which I'll outline below
1. This is datamined. Nothing is finalised.
2. We have only heard the new prices of cut gems. Who's said that uncut common gems are going to drop as well? They could remain at 5g, which only reduced the fall back on obsidium and elementium to 30g not the 4g50s that everyone has decided.
3. Who actually cuts gems? Other than Zephyrite we all make JC items to DE. Even if this is true and we are going to see the price of enchanting mats drop, goblins work on a percentage not a specified gold margin. Gold/hour may drop but then again that will drive players from the market, meaning supply declines and prices remain robust.
Thats just three ideas off the top of my head but I'll analyse it further over the weekend, but fear not sky hasnt fallen just yet!
According to recent data mining in the 4.1 PTR :
Jewelcrafting
- Bold Carnelian, Solid Zephyrite, Subtle Alicite, Perfect Quick Alicite, Sovereign Nightstone, Regal Jasper, Resolute Hessonite, and any cut of uncommon gem now sells to NPC for 75 silver instead of 9 gold.
Not!
I refuse to jump on this bandwagon for a variety of reasons, a few of which I'll outline below
1. This is datamined. Nothing is finalised.
2. We have only heard the new prices of cut gems. Who's said that uncut common gems are going to drop as well? They could remain at 5g, which only reduced the fall back on obsidium and elementium to 30g not the 4g50s that everyone has decided.
3. Who actually cuts gems? Other than Zephyrite we all make JC items to DE. Even if this is true and we are going to see the price of enchanting mats drop, goblins work on a percentage not a specified gold margin. Gold/hour may drop but then again that will drive players from the market, meaning supply declines and prices remain robust.
Thats just three ideas off the top of my head but I'll analyse it further over the weekend, but fear not sky hasnt fallen just yet!

6 comments:
On my server enchanting mats you get from DEing jewelery (except Carnelian Spikes for GCEs) have been far below the gold you get by selling raw on AH or cut to the vendor.
And the blues?
I couldn't get the shuffle to be as profitable as just vendering the cut gems. Everything save the red is 1-2 gems plus the 2g for the vender item. That is 11-20g. Most of them give 1-3 dust and that is never worth 20g on my server.
I would just vender the cut gems and use that to cover my cost of buying ore and then take blue gems as pure profit.
Ah, but what will this change do to the price of Hypnotic Dust?
On my server it hasn't been worth DE'ing jewelry vs. xmuting for months.
Point #3: "Who actually cuts gems?"
I suppose this will hit those that shuffle aggressively, in large quantities.
I have prospected 500-1,000 stacks, perhaps a lot more, and I can't recall ever selling cut gems.
Post a Comment