When I bought out a couple of businesses in Mid March I invested a chunk of gold into those ventures, and dropped my cash reserves below 600k for the first time in quite a while. Three weeks later I've broken 750k and finally feel that I can see the goal of my endeavours, 'Gold Cap', visible on the horizon. The question is how to get that last 250k...
The past three weeks have bought in gold from a wide variety of sources, which isnt unusual as I always have many eggs in many baskets. When one area is bring in gold hand over fist, another market dies away to nothing. Having a broad portfolio allows you to maintain your income at all times.
As I stated in the "Time Is Money Friend" post, I try and increase my wealth by around 5k a day. If I continue this level I should reach cap in around 7 weeks which should roughly see me hit cap around the end of May or the start of June, which is in line for my aspirations at the start of the year. But where do I see this 5k coming from each day?
Glyphs? Perhaps not.
Someone is obviously making money here - Moonvenence, Nevica, arios/b/t - but it isnt me. I have officially retired from glyphs as even the thought of the glyph grind makes me want to be sick. I still have stock and may occasionally pass through when I have a few moments to spare but I will not be actively involved on a day to day basis. The business is still for sale for anyone who wishes to buy out my stock - its a fire sale and I will sell cheap (100k cheap)
Fringe? Definitely
I am really enjoying pushing harder into the Horde side of the market. I have recruited a JCer and Bell acts as my scribe in moments of need.
I have backed out of inscription as a major source of income because I am happy for Bell to have some fun in this area. Its interesting because we have a gentleman's agreement that we wont undercut each other which has resulted in what I once posted about - a phenomena I call 'Holding The Line'.
For example, say there are some inferno inks on the AH for 82g. Bell posts 20 inks for 81g. I come along as see that Bell has posted, to overcut him by 50s (i.e 81.5g)
The result is that we slow the slide of prices of inks, whilst making sure we both get sales. Sure we get undercut, but even if the next seller undercuts Bell by 1c the prices are still 79g99s99c. If I had undercut bell by 50s, the undercutter would post at 79s49s99c, and the slide would be greater. We are actually seeing the market price of infernos increasing over the time we've been doing this which is a lesson for us all.
As mentioned, I have found a JCer horde side who appears happy to be paid for their time. I make sure I supply all the mats accurately, pay a good wage for their time and I am always appreciative of their time and efforts. In return I get my goods returned in a timely manner andwithout error. Win:Win scenario
GKP? Probably
The GKPs are going well. MTRs runs one or two everyday, having 4 to5 guildies in the run. Depending on the epics that drop and when they drop, 15k pots take around 30-40 minutes to complete. We are building up a group of regulars who come frequently to these runs. There are some who never bid but are there for their share of the pot, which is perfectly fine. Others are there to bid on items to on-sell. The more profitable route is the latter of the two options, but you need the capital to invest, the time to sell the items and it does carry a greater risk than just taking your 10th share of the pot. There are a third set of people who go who I know are just waiting for a specific item to drop and sell in their price range. But as they run more and more their wealth increases which means they will eventually be able to afford the items they want.
I am starting to be selective on people I invite. Although it is fine to come along just for your pot share, I do expect you to pull your weight. If you arent healing, tanking or CCing I expect you to at least be trying hard. Thinking you will get away with slacking, be wearing PvP gear or frequent 'brb phone' type AFKs will result in no return invitations. As I once said, they are my runs and I ultimately the final decision rests with me.
Runs are getting slicker and slicker. The guildies generally bring alts, which still allows our mains to hit BoT bosses each week. But even with alts being brought along we generally have at least one tank, one heals and a couple of CCs. We have another tank and another healer who run regularly as well. This means that even when mistakes are made we don't wipe and we can clear the trash in 10-12 minutes per run.
One thing I am noticing (and was expected)is that as time goes by more and more of these epics become available to the masses. Soul blades, which were selling for 16k+ a week ago have dropped to 12-13k. Similar drops can be seen in all the BoE epics. However the end is definitely not nigh, as you see few and few trash runs being run in trade and we are still the only GKP on Alliance.
Others? Totally and utterly
There is always gold to be made in Azeroth. You just have to look for the opportunities. 4.1 is a huge opportunity just waiting to be skimmed, but more of that next week :)

2 comments:
Not sure about having fun with Inks horde side. It seems to have died down a bit, even pre DMF with some heavy undercutting the past few days.
No doubt it'll pick up a bit again.
I must say its hilarious to see the comments in /raid in the GKP runs from GKP newbies after they've picked themselves off the floor when someone opens the bids with 10k :D
You may be surprised Bell. I just watched 40 inks sell one after another (Remote AH FTW) and there are currently none listed.
They went for 75-80g, which means I will be transferring over some from alliance tonight - I refuse to sell them for 50g!
Post a Comment