I been fairly quiet this week. To be honest now I have met the elusive gold cap, the drive to keep earning has wained somewhere. My current bank balance is around 205k. Since I hit cap I've purchased 13 primordial saronites, and the Wodin's necklace as I said I would. I've also bought my son a Batter Hilt and gave him 5000 gold to allow him to get his engineering from 425 to 450 so he could have Jeeves.
I now post glyphs once every 2 days, Breevok still clears her stockpiles a couple of times a day, Sardonica and Funds still scan and purchase from the AH once or twice a day - DEing for profit, purchasing for resale. Sardoica got another Haunted Memento for 50g today so thats 8 of my toons with them now.
Basically I've taken my foot off the pedal, whilst maintaining an income of around 1000g a day.
So where have I been?
This period on any expansion is burnout time. I see the drive for raiding easing back, and the number of achievement junkies have been on the rise. Cat's just broken 7200 achievement points - but there are a few other guildies who have been going hard out, competing with each other whilst crawling ever closer to Cat. Three of them have 6615,6620 and 6650 respectively - and their internal competition in make it easier to keep going.
Meanwhile Cat's does most of hers solo - it seems to drive her mad, and when I offer to help I get told "No its fine" - which I know means "Yes, I bloody well do but I'm a female and you're male so you work out yourself that I need help and stop looking for confirmation - just come help me." but I am too stupid to understand.
Sardonica has 4740 achievement points. Puraa has 3645.
I like achievements - but I am not driven to do the extensive grind to get a rep with X Y or Z - unless there is something in it for me. My grind was the AH - and achievemnets were got when I needed something - usually a enchantment formulae.
But now the AH grind is over I've been looking around for other distrations.
Achievements is an option - but I still can quite get the energy to ride around ever square inch of Azeroth to ensure I've explored every area completely. I tend to do an area if I there for some other reason.
World events have been hit or miss with me. Cat has 'What a long strange trip it's been' and I help with some of this - sitting in bushes gathering eggs during the Noblegarden event, wearing perfume during the 'Love Is In The Air' event. So when it came to my turn I couldn't face it again.
I have completed ones I enjoyed the first time round - Pilgrims, Midsummer and Hallowed Eve - and did Brewmaster for the first time with Cat this year.
Children's Week was one I enjoyed help Cat with - bar the "School of Hard Knocks" - so I decided to take sardonica through it. I unfortunately got hit with the 'I cant get my orphan from Dalaran bug' - so needing just a couple more for the title, I put Sard aside and moved onto Puraa.
I cleared everything else on her - all three orphans - and headed off to the BGs to clear those out.
Now Puraa doesn't have an offspec - well she does - its a MM PvP spec but she's never done much more than a most infreqenty of BGs so had no PvP gear.
Well things have changed. Following a VoA leg drop, I spent a load of triumphs and spent some honor on a trinket - I was suddenly over 600 resilience and ready to face the world of BGs....
I now post glyphs once every 2 days, Breevok still clears her stockpiles a couple of times a day, Sardonica and Funds still scan and purchase from the AH once or twice a day - DEing for profit, purchasing for resale. Sardoica got another Haunted Memento for 50g today so thats 8 of my toons with them now.
Basically I've taken my foot off the pedal, whilst maintaining an income of around 1000g a day.
So where have I been?
This period on any expansion is burnout time. I see the drive for raiding easing back, and the number of achievement junkies have been on the rise. Cat's just broken 7200 achievement points - but there are a few other guildies who have been going hard out, competing with each other whilst crawling ever closer to Cat. Three of them have 6615,6620 and 6650 respectively - and their internal competition in make it easier to keep going.
Meanwhile Cat's does most of hers solo - it seems to drive her mad, and when I offer to help I get told "No its fine" - which I know means "Yes, I bloody well do but I'm a female and you're male so you work out yourself that I need help and stop looking for confirmation - just come help me." but I am too stupid to understand.
Sardonica has 4740 achievement points. Puraa has 3645.
I like achievements - but I am not driven to do the extensive grind to get a rep with X Y or Z - unless there is something in it for me. My grind was the AH - and achievemnets were got when I needed something - usually a enchantment formulae.
But now the AH grind is over I've been looking around for other distrations.
Achievements is an option - but I still can quite get the energy to ride around ever square inch of Azeroth to ensure I've explored every area completely. I tend to do an area if I there for some other reason.
World events have been hit or miss with me. Cat has 'What a long strange trip it's been' and I help with some of this - sitting in bushes gathering eggs during the Noblegarden event, wearing perfume during the 'Love Is In The Air' event. So when it came to my turn I couldn't face it again.
I have completed ones I enjoyed the first time round - Pilgrims, Midsummer and Hallowed Eve - and did Brewmaster for the first time with Cat this year.
Children's Week was one I enjoyed help Cat with - bar the "School of Hard Knocks" - so I decided to take sardonica through it. I unfortunately got hit with the 'I cant get my orphan from Dalaran bug' - so needing just a couple more for the title, I put Sard aside and moved onto Puraa.
I cleared everything else on her - all three orphans - and headed off to the BGs to clear those out.
Now Puraa doesn't have an offspec - well she does - its a MM PvP spec but she's never done much more than a most infreqenty of BGs so had no PvP gear.
Well things have changed. Following a VoA leg drop, I spent a load of triumphs and spent some honor on a trinket - I was suddenly over 600 resilience and ready to face the world of BGs....
TBC
1 comment:
Once I completed the stormwind orphan quests, I was able to get a whistle again.
Can you get an orphan from the stormwind (or shat) matron by asking her for another whistle?
Post a Comment