The world has shattered. And there was money to be made for some. Mages are rich and getting richer. But enough about them, how was it for you?
Its been a busy couple of days for me, both in game and out and this is the first chance I've had to speak of life since Deathwing had his hissy fit. I've done OK, a couple of thousand gold ahead of where I would have been pre shattering.
Glyphs
Well I am pleased I did the ink exchange before 4.0.3a. Being stuck with 6000+ Inks of the Sea would have been problematic to say the least.
The Glyphs of Mage Armor, Vanish, Armors and The Long Word are now creatable (learnt from the trainer, research (Northrend and Minor) and a book respectively). The Glyph of Armors got me for a while there but thats what research is all about.
Overall the glyph market has lifted, with glyphs being 10-20% higher than they were a few days ago. Its not Glyphmas but its better than it was.
Gems
The changes to meta gems was unforeseen and somewhat annoying for Puraa. But there was gold to be made from selling the others. And it seems more opportunities lies ahead:
DPS Meta Gem requirements changes
The current design has been reconsidered, so we're planning to revert gems that now require more blue than red gems back to their original requirements. Such a change can't be accomplished via a hotfix though, so we'll have to wait to revert these in a future patch. (Source)
Cobalt Bars
Again unforeseen. The engineering nitro boosts moved from feet to waist. With 6 cobalt bars and 6 triggers needed, there were opportunities for gold for both engineers and miners. I was lucky that I had stocked up cobalt 'just in case' - speculation at its finest.
Enchanting Mats/Scrolls
Again an firming of the market - especially in level 50-60 mats. Nice to see that again my stockpiling worked well. Scrolls are also steady, with new alts and their BoA gear being enchanted as expected.
Outside of the AH, isnt Azeroth pretty? Who cares about portals?
Its been a busy couple of days for me, both in game and out and this is the first chance I've had to speak of life since Deathwing had his hissy fit. I've done OK, a couple of thousand gold ahead of where I would have been pre shattering.
Glyphs
Well I am pleased I did the ink exchange before 4.0.3a. Being stuck with 6000+ Inks of the Sea would have been problematic to say the least.
The Glyphs of Mage Armor, Vanish, Armors and The Long Word are now creatable (learnt from the trainer, research (Northrend and Minor) and a book respectively). The Glyph of Armors got me for a while there but thats what research is all about.
Overall the glyph market has lifted, with glyphs being 10-20% higher than they were a few days ago. Its not Glyphmas but its better than it was.
Gems
The changes to meta gems was unforeseen and somewhat annoying for Puraa. But there was gold to be made from selling the others. And it seems more opportunities lies ahead:
DPS Meta Gem requirements changes
The current design has been reconsidered, so we're planning to revert gems that now require more blue than red gems back to their original requirements. Such a change can't be accomplished via a hotfix though, so we'll have to wait to revert these in a future patch. (Source)
Cobalt Bars
Again unforeseen. The engineering nitro boosts moved from feet to waist. With 6 cobalt bars and 6 triggers needed, there were opportunities for gold for both engineers and miners. I was lucky that I had stocked up cobalt 'just in case' - speculation at its finest.
Enchanting Mats/Scrolls
Again an firming of the market - especially in level 50-60 mats. Nice to see that again my stockpiling worked well. Scrolls are also steady, with new alts and their BoA gear being enchanted as expected.
Outside of the AH, isnt Azeroth pretty? Who cares about portals?

3 comments:
I'm still baffled as to why priests got a talent reset, i must have missed something because mostly I think I took exactly the same talents(I'll respec when I need to level in a couple of weeks).
Cobalt was a huge win for me as I've had that on a snatch for months, taking it as its one of my "it's rare and multiple professions will need it" snatches. Now I have one more way to make cash off of it.
Glyphs are doing nothing on my server, price hasn't moved on anything(except mage armors of course)
Enchanting is so solid I'll have run out of Righteous Orbs before Cataclysm comes out!
someone sold me a 5 tab guild for 1k and i sold it to someone else the same day for 3k...
Someone snatched a ZG raptor pet off me with an hour to go till shutdown for 2k on patch night.
The stormwind AH redesign has made me realise how overpowered that standing at the wall next to the mailbox trick with a macro was, like portals its a luxury I now have to live without after getting WAY too used to it(and I'm from classic days).
it definitely is a brave new world
I wasnt overly happy with the priest changes - dropping archangel to 1% mana return per stack was problematic when I hit the LK on Wednesday night. Being OOM entering phase 2.5 was stressful - and that was after popping pots, Hymn and having my fiend on CD was a rude awakening. The barrier change was disappointing as well.. dont really need Pain Supression any longer as barrier does the same.
I was *very* bitter about the sw ah changes. I really got used to it. So used to it that I'd put the macro on my hotbar for every character I played much and ever went to the ah, not just my bankers.
Post a Comment