Wednesday, November 24, 2010

And so we wait....again!

Nice cinematic. Its good to see it in Hi-Definition and in full screen. But the servers are down, due to come back up in 90 minutes unless there is another (likely) delay.

This reminds me of 4.0.1 - except this time I went to work for the morning (afternoon off providing I do the reports I have to so this wont be a long post)

So what did I due in the hours prior to shut down? Actually I was pretty efficient, until the last 15 minutes but more of that later...
When I logged on my toons were in a variety of locations - Puraa was in Tanaris, Cynicism was in the Duskwallow, Sardonica was in Dalaran and Peerpressure was in a pub in Howling Fiord. The other toons were mostly in main centres but very few in The Exodar where I wanted them to be come the shattering. But the most efficient way to move the banking/AH toons was a mage and my friendly mage taxi wasn't on.

I had already decided that I wasnt going to take the risk that Jessica Sellers would be so traumatised by the shattering and forget that she does for a living. The ink exchange had to happen, and happen it did. It's amazing how quickly (even without specialist addons) that you can concert 5000 Inks of the Sea into other inks - but I admit they are not neatly stacked in a guild bank yet - but they have been mailed away to the required toon to be filed later. Prior to the exchange Puraa had 3000 herbs to grind, which took a while but it got done.

Tracker snacks were selling well, but Cat and I were low on stock (we appear to be the only people on the server selling these things) so a quick culling of the Shoveltusk's in Howling Fiord resolved that problem.

A friend needed one achievement 'Respect Your Elders' to finally get the 'Glory of the Hero' finished. He's failed twice in two days - which had given me plenty of material for abuse. But last night we made sure no mistakes were made. Its amazing how good a hunter can be with a distracting shot, a frost trap and a set of nitro boots at dragging the guardian off to the stairs to get the job done.

The rest of the evening was spent pottering, moving alts to The Exodar (thanks Bell) and putting toons in places where it will be interesting to see what Deathwing has managed to achieve in the past few hours.

At 11.30 local time - 30 minutes before shutdown - I was ready for bed when Acidburnx mentioned on vent he was about to post some crusader scrolls.

*enter explitives here*

I'd totally forgotten - all my scrolls were sat as mats so in a blind panic I jumped to Sard and got the recipes, jumped to Breevok and sent the mats over for some crusader scrolls, chest greaters stats, Healing Power, Spell power and Strength weapon enchants. I listed with 2 minutes left before shutdown.

The most amusing thing was I forgot to send the enchanting vellums over - I had to purchase 10 at 2g a pop. What a sad goblin I am!

Right, as I said its a short post - reports to write. Enjoy the shattering.

PS I hope that with the time that has passed in game (lore-wise) that my auctions havent expired.

PPS Need coffee ;)

2 comments:

BellaTheTank said...

Glad I got up at 6am to log in, can't say I was surprised though.
Anyone who's posted 12hr auctions before shutdown will be disappointed!

Breevok said...

Yep Jessica Sellers did change in case you were wondering

Post a Comment