Saturday, December 18, 2010

Fortune Card - a followup to comments

People are right - 1k for 5 mins is not 12k an hour. I was just sowing a seed of doubt. Time is money friend.

I can however be better using the next 115 minutes that the seller used up being a trade whore.

Sure I might not have made 12k at the end of the two hours - but I personally dont see much enjoyment spamming trade and wearing the abuse. I'd sooner spend the rest of the first hour making 5k in the AH and the second hour running dying in a heroic or leveling an alt.

I personally have never lost sight of the fact that WoW is not a gold making game. I have one 85, and three more toons on the way. I've made a lot of gold since Cata hit and have most professions maxed. I know of people who have made a lot more than I have, but I'm very happy with where I've progressed to.

I've always hated /trade. We have three wonderful examples of pre-neandethal personalities who are the reason I often leave trade altogether. Being a spam seller does nothing for me. Big ups to the card seller for being able to cope.

2 comments:

Admin said...

This post hit me when I read it. I felt like you wrote it specifically for me. If you take out the fortune cards part.

But the 12K an hour? I had a post about 13K in two hours..so close there (but I don't spam trade, never have, never will), but look what's next:

The part you said about how you haven't lost sight about WoW not being a gold making game, but that's what it has turned into for me. BC came out, I wanted to level asap. WotLK came out, same deal. But not only my main, but add another toon, the DK.

But leading up to Cata, and having only limited time to play (hour here, hour there) the game changed for me. No more raids (that hurt, btw, that was my true love of the game), not many pugs (because of the little time available), and basically nothing to do...but start playing the AH and make gold.

I wanted the cap. Some people collect pets, some mounts, some go for achievements, some people play for the GS (epics). Everyone has a different way/style of playing, and I found mine. After I started making decent coin, and reading the blogs out there, I decided to make my own to help others with my advise (like how your site helped me). Here's a link for you:

ALTOs Gold"ish" Advise- The Worst WoW Blog Ever!

So this post was talking to me...It got me thinking.... Have I lost sight of the WoW I fell in love with playing? Or have I found something to allow my limited (and scattered) time to enjoy the game still? I guess only time will tell.

Anonymous said...

Not sure to whom you were responding (I was the anonymous guy from yesterday claiming it's *not* 12k an hour) but I just wanted to point out that you cannot directly translate which is basically a one-time opportunity to x k/hour. But of course it's a good way to make some cash, which I for sure would also happily accept whilst I am not even thinking about doing the other guys job by trying to sell these cards in trade.

It's just a very nice opportunity to stumble upon and not an idea for regular use.

Post a Comment