Thursday, December 2, 2010

Knowing what really matters

Today is a sombre day for New Zealand. Today we remember the 29 men who lost their lives in the River Pike Mining Tragedy. At 2pm I stood alongside my colleagues in silence as we remembered those that had been lost  in the explosions that changed the lives of so many in a town called Greymouth and in the country as a whole.


I personally did not not know any of the miners who lost their lives, but my thoughts, as are the thoughts of the country, are all with those people affected by the disaster. This post isnt an attempt to reflect on how the country feels about this disaster. My prose would not do it justice.

No doubt we have all lived through events that had huge impact on the lives of our countries, some directly affected, others merely part of the population who feel the ripples. One thing I always get reminded of in these times is that I do worry about things that really don't matter, and probably dont spend enough time worrying about things that do. 

I was going to write today about a incident that occured with a member of the Consortium who has subsequently proceeded to royally piss me off by being a 1c undercutter on the AH. If I were to summarise the original post it say "Stop being a twat", but I realise now I was wrong.

Ultimately it doesn't matter. What matters is family, friends, your pets, your guildies. People matter. Gold doesn't. Gear Score doesn't. That's just a series of 1s and 0s running through a chunk of sand.

PS Excuse the profanities in this post. No excuse, just one of those days.

2 comments:

BellaTheTank said...

It has not been a good year for New Zealand between this and the earthquakes.
Hopefully 2011 brings better tidings.

Anonymous said...

The seems to be an ever increasing number of tragic circumstances occurring around the globe these days, many of them natural disasters, many not. Is it just a sign of the times? Ireland is as gloomy a country as I ever remember it being back in the 1980's. Sombre I believe is the word.

Like you rightly said Breevok, there is no point in ranting and raving about things in game when there are more important things in life. Well, a good rant is good from time to time :-) helps relieve the stress.

Post a Comment