Wednesday, December 22, 2010

POLL: What transmutation do you do each day?

Its interesting to me that my alchemist can transmute gems as much as she wants but the vast majority of transmute share the same 24 hour CD. The new truegold and volatile transmutes share the same cool down as BC and LK transmutes. It all seems very odd to me.

Truegold mats currently cost around 800-1000g on Cael. Bars have crashed to 1200g. Transmute fees have dropped accordingly. Not that I would sell mine but I do watch trade on occasion dont you know.

So which transmute are you guys doing each day? How about I set up a poll and see?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I've actually been transumting my Volatile Life into Airs & Earth for skill ups and to use for my other professions.

After much deliberation, I switched my Mastery to Transmutation because I feel that our Transmutes are much more useful than Elixir procs when it comes to crafting and gold. Since I have a Jewelcrafter, once I get her skills up high enough, I'll be transumting Gems for her to cut and turn a profit.

Charlie said...

Still truegold. V. Air is only in the 40's on my server and truegold is still netting about 300g. Plus you don't have to park yourself in Uldum.

Vince said...

Volatile air for me. Truegold hovers around 1.2k - 1.5k on my server, but the real issue is I don't think it moves very well. So many alchemists just spam trade throughout the day selling their CD for a few hundred gold, so I'm not sure who would need to go the the AH. I probably should look into it a bit more, but Volatile Air just seems so much easier with a much better ROI. Volatile Life are at most 5g each, and if I time it right, I can sell Volatile Air for at worst 40g. That's 525g profit right there! (excluding fees, of course)

@Charlie: If your alchemist is 83, you can do the first 5 or so quests in Uldum and just take the portal there an hearth back every day!

Cameron Baillie said...

I've been doing living elements into air, I transmute and mail them to my AH toon each day from my two alchs. After I've done that I'll log over to my bank alt and pop them on the AH and they are sold before I go to bed that night, lifes are from my herbalists levelling still but they are on the AH for a mere 1.5-2g and the airs are over 40 each! The transmute procced today and gave me 14 airs and 16 fires as well on one priest.

I check AH prices before doing the daily transmute to check that airs are still the most profitable but it seems that people can't get enough of them so far and my server is tiny on the Alli side (pretty sure spinebreaker has the lowest alli pop of any server).

Also netherweave bags are a joke, the first 5 days was 200-300 bags in a day and its now backed off to about 20 bags a day(lots of competition). Netherweave has shot through the roof and bags are selling at upwards of 15g a bag now and my reserves are still strong but I think my competitors are starting to run out.

rolantos said...

I also have been doing transmute to volatile air as it still have a high profit margin compared to other volatile's. as for true gold the market has gone down to about 1.2k -1.5k and is harder to sell compared to volatile air. As i am also a transmutation master. sometimes it procs to give me air and fire as well.

Moravec said...

I've been doing truegold. I can pick up the mats for circa 600g and the bars sell for 1200g. It's starting to get to the point where transmuting Volatile Air is more profitable, so I'll probably switch over one day this week.

NYMeatball said...

I've been doing Life -> Volatile Air in uldum, following it up with Air -> Electrified Ether. The ether don't move as fast as air so far, but the margins on them go up almost another 50% from air -> ether alone.

When they sell (It takes a few reposts), I can turn 2 lifes into 1 ether and make about a 1000% margin on it (10g -> 100g).

Madiba said...

I have 4 alchemists, 3 of them transmute masters. I do 1 life to air every day with a transmute master and the other three I do truegold. Haven't had truegold not sell for under 1200g. It does help that my main (druid) has herbalism to keep the life's comming in and that I do 1 hour of mining with my DK a day. That brings in the fire and water.

Deth Halo said...

Sadly, my Alchemist/Scribe is trapped in Dalaran for the time being. Been doing Life -> whatever and sending to my Tailor for Dreamcloth production. Banking on those having more value down the road. Still have a few levels to go until I can get the patterns, but will be well set up by then.

Post a Comment