Can't wait!
The evening starts with a general audience with the great man, and ends with a smaller event to which we have been invited.
I first met Terry in 1994 in Birmingham at a pub called The Red Lion. There were about 30 people there, which was rather odd because he'd written and release around 15 books from the Discworld series by that stage. I got to meet him personally that night through my Genetics Lecturer at Birmingham University - Jack Cohen. Terry and Jack later went on to co-author (alongside Ian Stewart) the very successful and informative 'Science of Discworld' trilogy of books.
I would not expect Terry to remember me - but I have always had the utmost respect for TP both as an author and more recently as an advocate for Alzeimers.
It seems rather surreal that 18 years later I will get to meet him again. I'm very excited. So sorry guys - good luck in BoT tonight but I have a fun evening organised with Terry.
Ook!
The evening starts with a general audience with the great man, and ends with a smaller event to which we have been invited.
I first met Terry in 1994 in Birmingham at a pub called The Red Lion. There were about 30 people there, which was rather odd because he'd written and release around 15 books from the Discworld series by that stage. I got to meet him personally that night through my Genetics Lecturer at Birmingham University - Jack Cohen. Terry and Jack later went on to co-author (alongside Ian Stewart) the very successful and informative 'Science of Discworld' trilogy of books.
I would not expect Terry to remember me - but I have always had the utmost respect for TP both as an author and more recently as an advocate for Alzeimers.
It seems rather surreal that 18 years later I will get to meet him again. I'm very excited. So sorry guys - good luck in BoT tonight but I have a fun evening organised with Terry.
Ook!

4 comments:
I envy you have fun
OMG!! I love Terry's work. My oldest son (15) is in the process of devouring my collection.
I seeth with envy. Hope your evening is a blast. Enjoy.
What an excellent night - and so very insightful of his struggle with Alzeimers. What blew us away was when we met him afterwards and I mentioned meeting him in 1994. He instantly remembered the event and the 'cheap students supplying the small plate of greasy food'. How the hell does someone remember that much detail yet struggle to find words when talking about something?
He's still an amazing man and I support him 100% in his endevours to bring awareness not only to his illness but also his other causes such as assisted death
omg! i am so jealous! ive read every book of his i have ( about 20 ) till i can pretty much recite em all by heart.
(subby power)
Post a Comment