Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I've got that warm feeling of smugness

I like being right. Who doesn't?

In mid Febraury I posted about my suspicions about the changes to frost lotus rates in patch 3.3.3

In that post I predicted that the price of other herbs would increase due to less farming occuring

I admit that the changes to frozen orbs have compounded this affect, but the arguement is still valid.

Lichblood on my server is 100g a stack. Goldclover has skyrocketed as well, as has adders tongue.

The reason for this post? Just to remind everyone that the knock on affects of a change made by Blizzard isn't always the most obvious. Sometimes it worth thinking about it before jumping to the obvious

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm, couldn't the reverse happen now? I doubt it will take terribly long before some farmer thinks - "I can make a killing off regular herbs," goes out, tells someone else, they pick up farming again, etc, etc...

Cassandri said...

Wow 100g a stack! I think a lot of players on Barthilas are emptying out their banks of leveling herbs at the moment because I'm picking up Tiger Lily and Deadnettle at really low prices (4-5g a stack)... Talandra's Rose and Goldclover have been consistently high around 15-20g a stack.

None of those prices seem to have changed from before and after the change to Frozen Orb => Frost Lotus. Surely only Lichbloom and Icethorn, gathered while herbing for Frost Lotus, would change?

Prices on Barthilas are holding steady: 10-15g for Icethorn and 20-25g for Lichbloom. No change. Maybe I should buy up in advance!

bo-breaze said...

cassandri,

if your server is similar to me buy f your in the glyph market. It seems like multiple servers are enduring a drought of cheap herbs. If i get to buy 10-15 stacks of icethorn im lucky currently stock piling to i can craft more glyphs.

Zamboni said...

Lichbloom is under 20g on my server. Adder's Tongue and Goldclover dipped to 2g, but have recovered somewhat to 4g. We're inundated with herbs, with hundreds or thousands of stacks posted every day at stupid-low prices as the botters struggle to dump their stock.

Anything made from herbs has crashed in price. Lotuses are down under 10g, flasks below 7g. The AH is full of ink that no one wants regardless of how much it's discounted. Vellums are nearing the price of parchment.

Blizzard's fiddling with the drop rates has a fairly minor effect compared to the number of out-of-control botters on any particular server.

Post a Comment