I thought I'd announce that I've changed one of my major glyphs in my discipline spec.
Since I hit 80 I've been a good little disc priest, doing what a good little disc priest should do.
I've had the following major glyphs:
Major
Glyph of Penance
Glyph of Power Word: Shield
Glyph of Flash Heal
Now I've a great believer in the ABC rule of healing but over the past couple of weeks I have struggled to use my mana pool efficiently. In short, I cannot run out of mana. No matter how hard I try I just never seem to get below 30%, even when I dont have replenishment in the the raid group.
Glyph of Flash Heal is a mana saving glyph - lowering the cost of FH by 10%. It is an awesome glyph. But as mana seems to be plentiful these days (especially in ICC with its 25% buff) I decided it was time to change.
Now HPS is something I am always happy to increase - so I decided to increase the amount of heals
I had the following options:
Glyph of Dispel Magic
Glyph of Holy Nova
Glyph of Renew
Glyph of Prayer of Healing
I can see uses for all of these, but rejected Holy Nova because I rarely use this spell outside of heroics. Renew I use less and less these days - I do use it for Singragosa (as someone enters the iceblock) amongst other certain fights. Dispel Magic was actually very tempting - I pride myself on being very quick with my dispels - but ultimately I plumped for Prayer of Healing because the bonus gives the largest heals. It will also add to my raid heals (which I tend to do to ABC anyways).
I'll let you know how it works out
(Xeppe has put Glyph of Fade as one of her majors - I dont know why. Xepee?)
Since I hit 80 I've been a good little disc priest, doing what a good little disc priest should do.
I've had the following major glyphs:
Major
Glyph of Penance
Glyph of Power Word: Shield
Glyph of Flash Heal
Now I've a great believer in the ABC rule of healing but over the past couple of weeks I have struggled to use my mana pool efficiently. In short, I cannot run out of mana. No matter how hard I try I just never seem to get below 30%, even when I dont have replenishment in the the raid group.
Glyph of Flash Heal is a mana saving glyph - lowering the cost of FH by 10%. It is an awesome glyph. But as mana seems to be plentiful these days (especially in ICC with its 25% buff) I decided it was time to change.
Now HPS is something I am always happy to increase - so I decided to increase the amount of heals
I had the following options:
Glyph of Dispel Magic
Glyph of Holy Nova
Glyph of Renew
Glyph of Prayer of Healing
I can see uses for all of these, but rejected Holy Nova because I rarely use this spell outside of heroics. Renew I use less and less these days - I do use it for Singragosa (as someone enters the iceblock) amongst other certain fights. Dispel Magic was actually very tempting - I pride myself on being very quick with my dispels - but ultimately I plumped for Prayer of Healing because the bonus gives the largest heals. It will also add to my raid heals (which I tend to do to ABC anyways).
I'll let you know how it works out
(Xeppe has put Glyph of Fade as one of her majors - I dont know why. Xepee?)

1 comment:
Ahah! you missed a couple of my posts then.
It started when I first got 4 piece T10 - me taking aggro off tanks that is. I was doing whole H runs with only Binding Heal on the tank.
It's possibly worse now (though I don't do many random H runs) as I seem to get given groups of new 80s, where tanks aren't generating much in the way of threat compared to my heals. I'm not doing anything clever, it's just my 6K+ gs/3.5K bonus healing. I tried some experimenting to discover which spells were causing the threat-grab, without much success.
At first I was swapping Glyph of Fade out for raids, but I actually have found having Fade up sooner to be really useful on those boss fights with adds, and I certainly have no mana issues. So GoF has become an almost permanent part of my kit. (I'd almost never cast PoH in Disc.)
I found as a Holy/Disc Priest doing the harder fights, you can't just have a set of glyphs and off you go the whole night (or into the future). Instead you need to be carrying around a pile of Glyphs in your bag so you can swap in the most advantageous for the fight, although now that SoW has ratcheted up so high, that little edge that the right Glyph will give you doesn't really matter so much I guess.
Not having Glyph of Guardian Spirit in as Holy on Valithria would be near-criminal, for instance.
Post a Comment