Just wanted to update this thread - you know the story. Plans dropped. Listed high for 60 days the dropped the price and sold a set of outland plans for 4k -auctioneer manipulation at its finest. The conclusion post is here
Anyway - I was recently in Molten Core grinding some rep and grabbing fiery cores and lava cores for resale (people love Thorium Brotherhood rep!), and I got the following drop:
This drops off the Molten Core bosses - at a relatively low drop rate of 1%. However with 7 bosses in MC - you get to see this more often than you would think. It's a very good BoA weapon enchant to increase spell power by 29.
The mats for this enchant are 4x Large Brilliant Shard, 4x Greater Eternal Essence 4x Essence of Water - which on Cael cost around 80-100g. The scroll will sell for 2-300g easily.
Now I have this enchant - so I decided to flick the formulae in the same way I had with the plans - post high for the next few weeks then half the price. Now this time the formulae is worth something - it has gold making potential - but the drop rate is reasonably high enough that a lot of enchanters have it, so I wasnt going to get too greedy. I set my final destination price at 2500g and started listing for 5k.
I was a week into the 5k when last night I received a nice mail:
I had to giggle - in fact I giggled all the way to the AH to cancel the auction and send it COD. Not only is 3000g more than I was hoping for, but with no AH fees I made an extra 625g in total.
Now I know what the comments will be on this one - that 3k isn't a lot for a formulae when you can make 200g every time you make a scroll. 15 sales later and you've covered your costs and then you are into profit. Many will think that I've just just allowed another goblin into the market to complete with me.
In some ways these comments come from sound logic - except for:
This formulae also drops off Molten Core bosses. Again its a very good BoA weapon enchant to increase spell power, but this time by 30.
Mats for this enchant are 4x Large Brilliant Shard, 6x Greater Eternal Essence and 2x Golden Pearl - mats costing around 150g and scrolls selling for 400-500g. And yes people will pay the extra 200g for that extra single spell power - I sell several a week.
Anyway - I was recently in Molten Core grinding some rep and grabbing fiery cores and lava cores for resale (people love Thorium Brotherhood rep!), and I got the following drop:
This drops off the Molten Core bosses - at a relatively low drop rate of 1%. However with 7 bosses in MC - you get to see this more often than you would think. It's a very good BoA weapon enchant to increase spell power by 29.
The mats for this enchant are 4x Large Brilliant Shard, 4x Greater Eternal Essence 4x Essence of Water - which on Cael cost around 80-100g. The scroll will sell for 2-300g easily.
Now I have this enchant - so I decided to flick the formulae in the same way I had with the plans - post high for the next few weeks then half the price. Now this time the formulae is worth something - it has gold making potential - but the drop rate is reasonably high enough that a lot of enchanters have it, so I wasnt going to get too greedy. I set my final destination price at 2500g and started listing for 5k.
I was a week into the 5k when last night I received a nice mail:
I had to giggle - in fact I giggled all the way to the AH to cancel the auction and send it COD. Not only is 3000g more than I was hoping for, but with no AH fees I made an extra 625g in total.
Now I know what the comments will be on this one - that 3k isn't a lot for a formulae when you can make 200g every time you make a scroll. 15 sales later and you've covered your costs and then you are into profit. Many will think that I've just just allowed another goblin into the market to complete with me.
In some ways these comments come from sound logic - except for:
This formulae also drops off Molten Core bosses. Again its a very good BoA weapon enchant to increase spell power, but this time by 30.
Mats for this enchant are 4x Large Brilliant Shard, 6x Greater Eternal Essence and 2x Golden Pearl - mats costing around 150g and scrolls selling for 400-500g. And yes people will pay the extra 200g for that extra single spell power - I sell several a week.


5 comments:
I am also on the lookout for Enchant weapon - spellpower as well. Have gold will pay. As there were none on the AH, I ran Molten Core last wekend with a group of enchanters all looking for the formula. It is my understanding that the Spellpower enchant is 'BIS' for casters on BOA gear.
Stokpile has a BIS enchant list that is worth accumulating before Cata hits. Thinking of cashed up Worgen/Goblins with BOA gear. Yum.
Tut Tut Foo - not feeling the love:
http://csahf.blogspot.com/2010/02/enchanting-onto-scrolls-for-profit.html
I own the SP enchant (bought for about 2k i think) but not Healing Power. However, I would happy pay 3k gold for either.
It's not about the drop rate really. The truth is, like a lot of clothies with Enchanting, I can't solo MC.
I can barely solo Dire Maul.
Thus, I can't farm for it anyway even if I really really want it. I'm sure a lot of other Enchanters are in the same situation.
Ah well. I did a google search because I remember seeing that list somewhere.
I never find the SP scroll for sale but was elated when I saw the HP scroll for sale. I paid about 2k for it on my server thinking I would recoup the money very fast. I haven't. Fact is people do not know this enchanted scroll exists and never use "heal" as a search term when looking for a scroll to enchant their weapons with. Maybe its my fault for now using /tradechat instead to try to sell these.
Post a Comment