Its been a fun weekend - although I have doubts about GGs deep undercut technique.
I'm not complaining - still making gold with glyphs at a good rate - but I'm struggling with the logic.
I continue to deep undercut my two gold sellers (who I have realised are working together but are toons on seperate accounts). The sequence goes a little like this:
I post at price X. They undercut by 2s. I undercut by 60s. They undercut by 2s. Eventually the cycle results in the glyphs being at rock bottom and they leave because there is no profit in that glyph.
Well thats how its meant to work.
However where I see a flaw in the technique is that I am posting around 200 glyphs now. I notice that there are times when a glyph which has been driven down to near cost - suddenly its back up at my upper threshold again. This is because the glyphs have all sold at rock bottom prices and the first poster starts again at a high price.
As every glyph goes through this cycle - Start Price -> Driven Down To Clost ->Start Price, and because all the glyphs exist at different points in their own cycle, I can't drive the opposition away. As soon as one glyph is down at a level its costing them money to post, they keep their income because another is selling for 20g+.
I cant plug all the holes in the market - not simulaneously - otherwise its me selling glyphs for below cost and its me spending hours milling and creating glyphs to ensure they stay away.
I guess this is what I am meant to do - for the short term - until they give up and leave permentantly. However thats not what I'd do. I'd just let them blow themselves out and be there when they are bored of the continual grind of milling and creating glyphs. The purchasers arent going anywhere - so why would they?
They camp - for hours. They came on around 4pm tonight and 9 hours later they are still there - instantly undercutting anyone who dares to post against them. I make a lot of money in the 6 hours they arent around - just not the 1000s/hour others profess to earn.
I'm not complaining - still making gold with glyphs at a good rate - but I'm struggling with the logic.
I continue to deep undercut my two gold sellers (who I have realised are working together but are toons on seperate accounts). The sequence goes a little like this:
I post at price X. They undercut by 2s. I undercut by 60s. They undercut by 2s. Eventually the cycle results in the glyphs being at rock bottom and they leave because there is no profit in that glyph.
Well thats how its meant to work.
However where I see a flaw in the technique is that I am posting around 200 glyphs now. I notice that there are times when a glyph which has been driven down to near cost - suddenly its back up at my upper threshold again. This is because the glyphs have all sold at rock bottom prices and the first poster starts again at a high price.
As every glyph goes through this cycle - Start Price -> Driven Down To Clost ->Start Price, and because all the glyphs exist at different points in their own cycle, I can't drive the opposition away. As soon as one glyph is down at a level its costing them money to post, they keep their income because another is selling for 20g+.
I cant plug all the holes in the market - not simulaneously - otherwise its me selling glyphs for below cost and its me spending hours milling and creating glyphs to ensure they stay away.
I guess this is what I am meant to do - for the short term - until they give up and leave permentantly. However thats not what I'd do. I'd just let them blow themselves out and be there when they are bored of the continual grind of milling and creating glyphs. The purchasers arent going anywhere - so why would they?
They camp - for hours. They came on around 4pm tonight and 9 hours later they are still there - instantly undercutting anyone who dares to post against them. I make a lot of money in the 6 hours they arent around - just not the 1000s/hour others profess to earn.
No comments:
Post a Comment