As much as I spouted on in yesterdays post about how important it is to know your market - and I should have said that included in that, knowing your conpetitors is one of the most important aspects of knowing your market - I have to admit I am learning everyday the ins and outs of the glyph market.
I have now finally added the third seller to my team. Glyph seller #3 (GS3) has taken all the double ink glyphs and exclusively lists these - it took a while to separate them out but its worth while if you have the time to do it.
On GS3 I've raised the fallback price to reflect the higher production costs - and I have decided that with GS3 I will actually attempt to keep my stock up by purchasing my glyphs from the AH (anything under 2g is my purchase price) rather than producing them myself. I decided to do this for a few reasons:
I have now finally added the third seller to my team. Glyph seller #3 (GS3) has taken all the double ink glyphs and exclusively lists these - it took a while to separate them out but its worth while if you have the time to do it.
On GS3 I've raised the fallback price to reflect the higher production costs - and I have decided that with GS3 I will actually attempt to keep my stock up by purchasing my glyphs from the AH (anything under 2g is my purchase price) rather than producing them myself. I decided to do this for a few reasons:
- Trying something new - with any market you shouldnt just pick one tactic and use it forever. You might have a method that brings in profit but what if there is another method that brings in more? So you need to experiment. And with just a small number of double glyphs (I'm only running 35 at the moment) its not something that will break the bank if it all goes belly up.
- With three sellers now - keeping on top of glyph production is an ongoing issue. Having GS1 and 2 having their glyphs produced using QA, takes around 2 hours. OK this is making about 400 glyphs but its still a sizable chunk of time. Having one of the three able to be self sufficient would be nice
- Double ink glyphs cost me around 3 gold to make (OK thats a lie but its my internal price upon which to base everything) whereas single ink glyphs cost just under 2g. Therefore buying glyphs at under two thirds production costs is a lot more viable with double ink glyphs
1 comment:
Keeping on track with you :) 2 days ago I did something similar. What I did was create a separate QA group for 2-ink glyphs and set a different threshold price for that group. I am also close approaching the need for a 3rd seller too! And yes, I agree, the 2-ink glyphs are pretty slow sellers. My internal price is a bit higher than yours, with the price of herbs and/or inks on my server forcing me to 2g per ink; therefore 2g50 per 1-ink glyph. Good Luck and Keep up the good work. (ps why can I not press return/enter in this comment box???)
Post a Comment