Well five days have passed since I last spoke of my healbot changes...
My last post got a number of great comments which have again been of great help in directing my thinking.
OK so where were we?
So I tweaked a little more and finally settled at:
I've been working with this over the weekend - and I am finally getting comfortable with many aspects of the new setup.
I am definately using Power Infusion a lot more (our resident Mage is probably wishing I timed by PIs a little more carefully but this will come with practice!) - and I am definately finding I am using AD and DM a lot more from Healbot that I ever thought I would.
I still rarely use Binding Heal - most likely because this was where Greater Heal was and I never used that much.
And still I struggle with the Alt spells - I think its because the 'alt' key isnt a key I've used much - but pain suppression is being used more so its progress - albeit slow. I also tend to still fire Desperate Prayer and PoH from my toolbar - but as these are self cast spells this isnt a huge issue - but it would be nice to get use to making Healbot a one stop shop.
As I mentioned I am dispelling magic and abolishing diseases a lot more using healbot. I still have decursive run right next to it - and its great having both addons running to deal to those peky debuffs as quickly as possible.
I said in the last post I'm use to Decursive's settings of the colour coding - Disease Debuff = Red, Magic Debuff = Blue.
I've set up Healbot the same way but because I use class colours in my settings beware if you are a Shammy with a magic debuff or a diseased DK - you are likely screwed!
OK to close I want to addess a few of the comments I received.
1. Cassandri made some wonderful comments. I ROFLed when I read
I dont actualy have any problems with PoM for some reason - I think its because I love the spell so much (Ziiiiiing!) that I have the Shift-middle mouse button down pat :)
I'm going to try Vuhdo on my horde priest over the easter weekend and see what I think - I'll report back :)
2. Anonymous seems to be in a different stratosphere from me when it comes to addons. I am in awe of you!
Grid, Clique, Bartender and a personalised 'gameboard' - on top of that mouseovers. I wouldnt know where to start! But my little horde priest seems to be the perfect victim erm I mean guinea pig - I need something to keep me amused whilst I heal Scarlet Monastry for the 30th time!
3. Daffnae again mentions Grid - it seems my days of a default UI are numbered. Perhaps I've resisted long enough.
I was interested that you mentioned you put you least used stells on your centre button because "I don't like trying to click the little wheel."
I dont have issues clicking the mouse whell - butuntil recently was being bugged by the fact that often in the heat of battle I would roll the mouse whell whilst I clicked. By default this scrolls through you toolbars, and I would often do for Despereate Prayer to find that my professions were available to me and not a lot else.
Eventually I turned off that binding in the interface options - and need to manually scroll down to my professions tab as and when required. Easy fix for huge again.
4. Moldy (Rogue in my guide) - need to talk to you about this - I want to see them before the weekly tonight :)
5. Darth Solo - let me know how it goes for you. I hope to keep both running - although if grid is as good as people say I might start over and not use either!
6. Matt - aka my priest buddy that now lives on another server (*sobs*).
Keybinds? Tell me more. How do you know who is dying? Post dammit!
My last post got a number of great comments which have again been of great help in directing my thinking.
OK so where were we?
So I tweaked a little more and finally settled at:
I've been working with this over the weekend - and I am finally getting comfortable with many aspects of the new setup.
I am definately using Power Infusion a lot more (our resident Mage is probably wishing I timed by PIs a little more carefully but this will come with practice!) - and I am definately finding I am using AD and DM a lot more from Healbot that I ever thought I would.
I still rarely use Binding Heal - most likely because this was where Greater Heal was and I never used that much.
And still I struggle with the Alt spells - I think its because the 'alt' key isnt a key I've used much - but pain suppression is being used more so its progress - albeit slow. I also tend to still fire Desperate Prayer and PoH from my toolbar - but as these are self cast spells this isnt a huge issue - but it would be nice to get use to making Healbot a one stop shop.
As I mentioned I am dispelling magic and abolishing diseases a lot more using healbot. I still have decursive run right next to it - and its great having both addons running to deal to those peky debuffs as quickly as possible.
I said in the last post I'm use to Decursive's settings of the colour coding - Disease Debuff = Red, Magic Debuff = Blue.
I've set up Healbot the same way but because I use class colours in my settings beware if you are a Shammy with a magic debuff or a diseased DK - you are likely screwed!
OK to close I want to addess a few of the comments I received.
1. Cassandri made some wonderful comments. I ROFLed when I read
"When everything hits the fan your brain can't process *Spell Not Ready Yet* error messages. At least mine can't."I understand completely! Flash Heal will forwever be my spam button dont worry.
I dont actualy have any problems with PoM for some reason - I think its because I love the spell so much (Ziiiiiing!) that I have the Shift-middle mouse button down pat :)
I'm going to try Vuhdo on my horde priest over the easter weekend and see what I think - I'll report back :)
2. Anonymous seems to be in a different stratosphere from me when it comes to addons. I am in awe of you!
Grid, Clique, Bartender and a personalised 'gameboard' - on top of that mouseovers. I wouldnt know where to start! But my little horde priest seems to be the perfect victim erm I mean guinea pig - I need something to keep me amused whilst I heal Scarlet Monastry for the 30th time!
3. Daffnae again mentions Grid - it seems my days of a default UI are numbered. Perhaps I've resisted long enough.
I was interested that you mentioned you put you least used stells on your centre button because "I don't like trying to click the little wheel."
I dont have issues clicking the mouse whell - butuntil recently was being bugged by the fact that often in the heat of battle I would roll the mouse whell whilst I clicked. By default this scrolls through you toolbars, and I would often do for Despereate Prayer to find that my professions were available to me and not a lot else.
Eventually I turned off that binding in the interface options - and need to manually scroll down to my professions tab as and when required. Easy fix for huge again.
4. Moldy (Rogue in my guide) - need to talk to you about this - I want to see them before the weekly tonight :)
5. Darth Solo - let me know how it goes for you. I hope to keep both running - although if grid is as good as people say I might start over and not use either!
6. Matt - aka my priest buddy that now lives on another server (*sobs*).
Keybinds? Tell me more. How do you know who is dying? Post dammit!



7 comments:
About a month ago I downloaded all the bits and pieces of Grid, and Clique, and then spent 5 hours setting it up the way I wanted it. At the end of all that, I realised what I'd done was made it look and behave exactly like the HB 'Squares' skin. Pfft. So I went back to HB.
Lotsa people seem to recommend Vuhdo - so I'll keep you company on the Great Easter Weekend Vuhdo trial, and we can compare notes.
I prefer to have my setup like this, with my reasons why:
Left: Flash Heal, for obvious reasons
Middle: Renew, I pop Renews fairly often as Holy and I like to have it unmodified
Right: PW:S, I like this one unmodified too for those Oh shit! moments. Besides, it's easier to use it while running. Same goes for Renew.
SHIFT-Left: Greater Heal, I see this as a more powerful version of Flash Heal, hence the SHIFT modifier.
SHIFT-Middle: Binding Heal, haven't used it yet having just gotten it but I placed it next in succession so that I can visualize my setup without too much concentration.
The rest of my buttons are unbound.
Oh and I use Decursive and it's rockin! I keep the little boxes right above the Healbot bars.
So far my experiments with Vuhdo have not been an unqualified success. There don't seem to be default skins like Healbot's 'Raid' and 'Squares' - you need to set them up. And Vuhdo uses the term 'Skins' to mean something quite different - a particular saved config - 'XeppeDisc' and 'XeppeHoly' are what I'm aiming at. And none of my 'shift' spells are working - shift-centre brings up a menu and the other two cast Abolish Disease, even though that's not what I've entered into the options.
I had to give up and go back to HB for our ICC run yesterday but I will put some more time into it today.
To struggle is to be human, (or something like that).
I have to agreed that my first attempts with Vuhdo werent great either - Razorfen where I believed it was all set up... but every time I cast PWS onto some I bubbled myself. I too quickly returned to Healbot as pugs arent the most understanding of guinea pigs.
Might grab a guildie to run something in hellfire - wipes arent as bad when you can pay the repair bills!
My Disc setup for HB is:
FH Penance PW:S
PoM GH Dispel Magic
PoH PI Abolish Disease
BH PS Desperate Prayer
I find no use for Renew as Disc, especially running with Holy Priests and Druids. I prioritized my spells with the non modified as my most used or most important spells then down the left mouse button are the next most used or important with my utility's in the lower right.
OK, so a couple of days on and I've solved my basic issues. The button I thought was SHIFT on the spells page was actually PLUS SHIFT - once I found the real SHIFT, all the right spells started firing. And I got it to switch seamlessly between my Holy and Disc spells when I change specs.
What I can't do is finely manage opacity the way you can with HB. There doesn't seem to be a way to mimic the wonderful HB raid skin, where bars are near invisible (but not) for players who are not taking damage or holding threat/taking aggro. This means you have to put the (solid) VuhDo bars well out of the way of the action (and keep flicking your eyes down or across) so that you don't obscure what's happening - whereas with HB in raids I have the frames just left of Xeppe.
I do like that VuhDo is showing me Weakened Soul AND the Shield - I will have to see if HB could maybe do this too.
VuhDo has one more day to win me over . . .
Because I am vaguely pedantic and nerdy I cam back to finish this comment string off, despite your note that people seem to be well over it.
I went back to HB, comfortable that I had really given VuhDo an honest and sustained trial, including through a 6 hour marathon run on Ulduar.
You just can't beat that HB invisible/transparent 'raid' skin.
The extra button (scroll on the mouse) that VuhDo offered was nice though. So I've purchased a new mouse with an extra button.
Best wishes.
Post a Comment