Well I'm back. Just...
Technician came and tidied up the wiring. Phone worked. Internet didnt.
When I got home I realised that he'd wired in the phone but forgot the broadband.
*smashes head on desk*
Thankfully I haven't forgotten everything I knew about phone systems but with a stolen jack point out the bedroom I sourced the live boardband wires and bodged a fix. Et voila we are back in action.
Upon my return I spent a couple of hours going through my toons, emptying mail boxes, reposting auctions etc. Overall it wasn't a bad enforced vacation. A few thousand gold were added to the coffers.
The glyph market hadnt moved - seems I need to be away for more than 24 hours to see the prices drift upwards in that market. It really is a crowded market.
Arrows however were a different story - when I left there were 40+ pages of arrows being posted. Upon my return it has falled to 8.
Prices had returned to 8g+ a stack.
However it seems I was missed, because as soon as I logged on I get whispered if I am selling arrows.
Interestingly I had a couple of mails complaining about selling in stacks of 100. I replied to both that my stacks of 100 are at the same price as 1000s, and that I was merely protecting the innocents from the unscupulous tactics of others who sell 100s for 5x the per arrow price. Both later responded that they didnt know and keep up the good work.
What's worse is Mr /ignore is now selling stacks of 10 for 20x the per arrow price. However I am not going to protect the people who are that dumb. In fact the 100s are a futile effort anyways - and I want customer loyalty rather than animosity.
So now I stick to the 1000s.
I posted 40 stacks at 3g - announced my return on /trade - and watched as 40 stacks instantly sold.
I have also started a mail order service - I have several people who mail my their order and I COD the arrows back. Saves on AH fees, and customer loyalty means regular business.
I like arrows :D
Technician came and tidied up the wiring. Phone worked. Internet didnt.
When I got home I realised that he'd wired in the phone but forgot the broadband.
*smashes head on desk*
Thankfully I haven't forgotten everything I knew about phone systems but with a stolen jack point out the bedroom I sourced the live boardband wires and bodged a fix. Et voila we are back in action.
Upon my return I spent a couple of hours going through my toons, emptying mail boxes, reposting auctions etc. Overall it wasn't a bad enforced vacation. A few thousand gold were added to the coffers.
The glyph market hadnt moved - seems I need to be away for more than 24 hours to see the prices drift upwards in that market. It really is a crowded market.
Arrows however were a different story - when I left there were 40+ pages of arrows being posted. Upon my return it has falled to 8.
Prices had returned to 8g+ a stack.
However it seems I was missed, because as soon as I logged on I get whispered if I am selling arrows.
Interestingly I had a couple of mails complaining about selling in stacks of 100. I replied to both that my stacks of 100 are at the same price as 1000s, and that I was merely protecting the innocents from the unscupulous tactics of others who sell 100s for 5x the per arrow price. Both later responded that they didnt know and keep up the good work.
What's worse is Mr /ignore is now selling stacks of 10 for 20x the per arrow price. However I am not going to protect the people who are that dumb. In fact the 100s are a futile effort anyways - and I want customer loyalty rather than animosity.
So now I stick to the 1000s.
I posted 40 stacks at 3g - announced my return on /trade - and watched as 40 stacks instantly sold.
I have also started a mail order service - I have several people who mail my their order and I COD the arrows back. Saves on AH fees, and customer loyalty means regular business.
I like arrows :D

No comments:
Post a Comment