Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Iceblade Arrow Experiment - Day Two

Well day two arrived quickly, and to summarise, I am amazed.

I actioned the plan as outlined yesterday - and by this morning I had sold 150 stacks of bullets. At 7g a pop.

The other sellers of arrows eithers havent noticed or don't care.

I've picked up a lot of eternal shadow for 7-8g a unit, and have found a supplier who will COD for 7g whenever he has them. However I am going to keep my maths easy and do my calculations based on eternal shadow costing 10g each.

OK 150 stacks of arrows at 7g a pop = 1050g. Less AH fees 997g50s

Price of eternals 30 x 10g = 300g

Total Profit = around 700g

Which neatly moves move onto one of the comments I received on yesterday:

The thing that you make a brief reference to, but don't figure into your calculations is the cost of the schematic. At 7g per stack with a schematic cost of 2000g (1 Primordial Saronite), it would take 400 stacks to recoup your costs for the schematic. I think your negative view on the pricing that the original sellers had was somewhat overdone. I don't work in this market nor do I have to buy the ammo, but the pricing doesn't seem too ridiculous to me given the cost to just get the schematic.


That said, good luck with your project of dominating this single market. My comments were focused purely on your evaluation of the original pricing of 7g per stack. Obviously, I'm a fan of your blog or I wouldn't be reading and commenting.
I have to admit I totally agree - but I definately hadnt forgotten the 2k I paid for the schematic. However if I can cover the cost of ther recipe (which I would eventually of purchased because I am a recipe junkie on all my toons) in 3-4 days of selling arrows then it becomes a moot point.

I invested a lot into all my professions - in time as well as gold. For this specific experiment the only time investment was a visit to ICC and the time to make the arrows.

Oh dont worry - I don't intend to provide cost priced arrows to the masses. I got annoyed at 'Mr 7g Discount' for trying to make me think he was doing me a favour selling to me for 7g.

However I will be providing arrows for the masses at whatever price the market will bear - and if that means there will be cheap arrows out there for a while then so be it.

Breevok has had a good day and she's happily doing backflips in Darnassus as we speak :)

1 comment:

Darth Solo said...

Good job. I'm pissed that I can't get Ashen Verdict rep on my hunter seeing that you have to raid for it and I don't raid :(

Post a Comment