Wednesday, September 15, 2010

So finally one's mind turns to Cataclysm

With rumours of just 6 weeks until the release of the next expansion, with content becoming available on the PTR, I felt I should finally turn my thoughts to Cataclysm. I'm not lucky enough to have been invited to beta testing but I have a guildie, Tazillina who is. His excitement is obvious, which in some ways is surprising because he has played WoW from the start and you can hear the sadness at times as areas of Azeroth are changed forever as he explores the new face of the game we all love.

After shutdown last night I had a talk with him, and tried to fathom the new face of the auction house. Alas Taz never caught the gold bug so my questions were sometimes alien to his logic. But I gleamed some information and realised I need to start some intense research if I am to make best use of the changes ahead.


I realise this isnt a one-off post, because as we get closer and closer to release we more data-mining will occur, more updates will occur on the PTR - and with knowledge comes power.

I know many other blogs have started investigating the expansion, with several also focusing on making gold from the panic felt by those worried about stock piles currently horded. I'll try not to let these influence me too much, as I want to give my perspective on what I feel we are about to face. The great upheaval won't just be felt in the shaking and rending of the earth, let me assure you!

No comments:

Post a Comment