Cynicism hit 75 last night. I went to Northrend at level 68, and other than a few quick quests in The Howling Fjord (to get the UK quests), I've been questing in Borean Tundra (full clear of quests) then headed begrudgingly to Dragonblight.
I cleared Dragonblight in Sardonica, and did about three quarters on Puraa. Therefore when Borean was over on Cynicism I was dreading heading there. I just have no love for the zone and having ground it out twice I wasn't really in the mood. However at level 72/73 you have little choice so I decided I would do the minimum required and get to 74 there
I headed to Star's Rest. I declined the quests there bar the AN and OK ones. However I had picked up the Lost Courier in Borean Tundra so as the next step was to head to just give to another person at Stars Rest and then head over to Wintergarde I headed over.
Those of you who are more knowledgeable than I know that this is the start of the 32 quest chain that gives the achievement of Veteran of the Wrathgate followed by the movie linked below and opens up the retaking of the undercity which is always fun
In terms of storyline this is a amazingly important moment in the history of the Rise and Fall of the Lich King. I am not the closest follower of the Lore of WoW but even for those of you who have no interest at all in the back story - you have all followed it in part. The Culling of Stratholme is a classic example where all players are immerse in a story line, albeit unvoluntarily. You at least know that Arthas went to Northrend chasing some demon dude called Mal'ganis. You may not know anymore, or far less care, but every player has some knowledge.
The quest chain which results in the above achievement is beautiful. There are a number of quests which result in 'visions', flashback moments showing snatches of history that deliver depth to what is, at times, a very two dimensional game. I personally think these flashback moments are vastly under utilised by Blizzard - as they make you feel part of the story, part of the game. There are similar quest chains, such as the one in Howling Fjord with the story line of Yrimon.
I'm pleased that I took another toon through this - and without the distraction of other quests within Dragonblight. With my focus purely on this quest arc I found I understood it more, without the need to go an kill a random X number of bears/stags/snowbolds getting in the way. Events at the Wrathgate are fundemental to the later stories - even if its just that you get to see Saurfang Junior before he tries kicking your arse in ICC!
I would recommend this to all before Cata arrives and turns our gaze away from the depth of storyline we have enjoyed in Northrend. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I cleared Dragonblight in Sardonica, and did about three quarters on Puraa. Therefore when Borean was over on Cynicism I was dreading heading there. I just have no love for the zone and having ground it out twice I wasn't really in the mood. However at level 72/73 you have little choice so I decided I would do the minimum required and get to 74 there
I headed to Star's Rest. I declined the quests there bar the AN and OK ones. However I had picked up the Lost Courier in Borean Tundra so as the next step was to head to just give to another person at Stars Rest and then head over to Wintergarde I headed over.
Those of you who are more knowledgeable than I know that this is the start of the 32 quest chain that gives the achievement of Veteran of the Wrathgate followed by the movie linked below and opens up the retaking of the undercity which is always fun
In terms of storyline this is a amazingly important moment in the history of the Rise and Fall of the Lich King. I am not the closest follower of the Lore of WoW but even for those of you who have no interest at all in the back story - you have all followed it in part. The Culling of Stratholme is a classic example where all players are immerse in a story line, albeit unvoluntarily. You at least know that Arthas went to Northrend chasing some demon dude called Mal'ganis. You may not know anymore, or far less care, but every player has some knowledge.
The quest chain which results in the above achievement is beautiful. There are a number of quests which result in 'visions', flashback moments showing snatches of history that deliver depth to what is, at times, a very two dimensional game. I personally think these flashback moments are vastly under utilised by Blizzard - as they make you feel part of the story, part of the game. There are similar quest chains, such as the one in Howling Fjord with the story line of Yrimon.
I'm pleased that I took another toon through this - and without the distraction of other quests within Dragonblight. With my focus purely on this quest arc I found I understood it more, without the need to go an kill a random X number of bears/stags/snowbolds getting in the way. Events at the Wrathgate are fundemental to the later stories - even if its just that you get to see Saurfang Junior before he tries kicking your arse in ICC!
I would recommend this to all before Cata arrives and turns our gaze away from the depth of storyline we have enjoyed in Northrend. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.


2 comments:
Absolutely. Also if you've done the quest chain from one faction and not the other, it's worth doing from both sides. It made more sense to me after I had done the Horde side as well.
the same types (than the picture) are in Pandaria's cinematic
see too http://poolj.tumblr.com/post/75384089719/gold-making-based
Post a Comment