People that know me (its been eluded to in this blog as well) I am a huge fan of A.A. Milne.
Of course I adore his stories of Pooh who once said:
I can hear the thoughts in your mind - and no I haven't been sitting in a freshly painted room and yes I have had my coffee this morning (although it is only one and I deserve another).
Of course I adore his stories of Pooh who once said:
“I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.”
and have regularly found great solace in the philosophy of Pooh and his friends.
A.A. Milne wrote his books for his son Christopher Robin, but his works extended beyond the stories that Disney bastardised years later, and his poetry is much loved by children across the last 80 years.
But I digress. AA Milne wrote a poem called 'The King's Breakfast' which I will now cut and paste below:
The King asked The Queen, and The Queen asked The Dairymaid: "Could we have some butter for The Royal slice of bread?" The Queen asked the Dairymaid, The Dairymaid Said, "Certainly, I'll go and tell the cow Now Before she goes to bed." The Dairymaid She curtsied, And went and told the Alderney: "Don't forget the butter for The Royal slice of bread." The Alderney said sleepily: "You'd better tell His Majesty That many people nowadays Like marmalade Instead." The Dairymaid Said "Fancy!" And went to Her Majesty. She curtsied to the Queen, and She turned a little red: "Excuse me, Your Majesty, For taking of The liberty, But marmalade is tasty, if It's very Thickly Spread." The Queen said "Oh!" And went to his Majesty: "Talking of the butter for The royal slice of bread, Many people Think that Marmalade Is nicer. Would you like to try a little Marmalade Instead?" The King said, "Bother!" And then he said, "Oh, deary me!" The King sobbed, "Oh, deary me!" And went back to bed. "Nobody," He whimpered, "Could call me A fussy man; I only want A little bit Of butter for My bread!" The Queen said, "There, there!" And went to The Dairymaid. The Dairymaid Said, "There, there!" And went to the shed. The cow said, "There, there! I didn't really Mean it; Here's milk for his porringer And butter for his bread." The queen took the butter And brought it to His Majesty. The King said "Butter, eh?" And bounced out of bed. "Nobody," he said, As he kissed her Tenderly, "Nobody," he said, As he slid down The banisters, "Nobody, My darling, Could call me A fussy man - BUT I do like a little bit of butter to my bread!"
I can hear the thoughts in your mind - and no I haven't been sitting in a freshly painted room and yes I have had my coffee this morning (although it is only one and I deserve another).
Today I feel like the King - and I need the bloody Alderney to bugger off and give me my damn butter before I turn her into burgers. In Wow the butter is Deathbringer's Will and I am definitely saying "Bother!".
Puraa has run ICC 25 twice in two days. Tuesday was a GKP run - 9 bosses, 5k pot - and unlike the week before (when I was on my Priest and DBW went for 20k) the trinket did not drop. In fact not a lot of hunter gear dropped all run and I watched cloth drop left and right. I never manage to be on the right toon to spend money on these GKP runs - and although 5k is nice I honestly don't need the gold.
Last night the guild did a 25 man run - and I took the hunter. It was a reasonable run and it was good to be part of a guild 25 man which is the first we have done in a while. Saurfang was killed and DBW dropped.
I rolled a 32 and came last.
A new member of the guild won - a DK who has been in the guild less than a week.
Without a word he /gquit overnight. I don't know his reasons - perhaps he didn't like the run - perhaps he didn't like us. I just know he left.
The loot rules weren't circumvented, I wasn't robbed of anything. I have no reason to be annoyed at anyone.
I just want my trinket - it replaces the first item I equipped when Puraa hit level 80 - my Greatness Card.
I want it. I want it. I want it.
Nobody, My darling, could call me a fussy man - BUT I do like a little bit of butter to my bread!

3 comments:
I am very disappointing that you did not email me a post for the blogging carnival tomorrow at JMTC. I will go cry myself to sleep now.
Thankyou for taking me back to my childhood :)
May the loot gods be with your for the next 25-man run!
See this is why guilds use EPGP and DKP. You have to stick around for a reasonable time before you can get the really desirable loot.
I myself, love Eeyore. He is my soulmate.
Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.
Post a Comment