Thursday, September 23, 2010

Why would your average glyph seller make a bad doctor?

Because they have no patience!

OK bad joke but you get my point. My absence for nearly a week (due to work work work too much damn work) hasnt stopped me keeping glyph data.




As you can see over since Foo went to war on the middle Tuesday of the above graph, I posted very few glyphs for about a week. Then, over the past couple of days, I've started posting more and more each day, with nearly 600 glyphs hitting the AH this morning.

However numbers posted dont equate to sales as the next graph shows.


Indeed sales are pretty flat still as is income:

I did discover something interesting though. I plotted a scatter plot between the 'number of sales made on a day' each day and the 'average price the glyphs sold for'.


I added a logarithmic trend line to emphasise my point.

If we throw into the mix that the fewer sales you make the less work you need to do to restock, then it isn't too big a leap of faith to be able to say that the best bang for you buck in the current glyph market on Cael is not to be the AH undercutter/camper - but to be the player who keeps people honest whilst picking up the cream of the crop when it comes to purchase price sales.

Unless of course glyphs are you only source of income - when every copper counts. But if you are that person then you need to be looking over your shoulder - because Cataclysm is coming and you are well and truly

2 comments:

Foo said...

At a rough guess, your increased postings are due to my new pricing strategy, but sales are roughly the same due to significantly more undercutting players. (Undercutters that don't have all their glyphs yet.)

I have not observed the constant single player camping that I saw a few weeks ago.

Unknown said...

I confess i am an undercutter but my undercutt threashold stops at 3g, However i aim for glyphs that sell above market value e.g. 20g+ which i have noticed sell pretty steady(unless sm1 else undercutts)i make on average with 2hrs posting each day 15-17k a week. So get those market prices up as you wont get another chance for a while.

Post a Comment