It wasnt me honest! I did nothing.
OK background - I recorded glyphs all weekend. I knew Foo was away for the weekend so it was going to be interesting to see what happened. I didn't change my posting rules - 4g80 threshold, 25g threshold.
Looking at the week in sales and gold:
So a steady decline over the week - as expected since everyone adjusted to me lowing the threshold by 20s.
Again a decline over the week - bar monday - where even though sales were still in decline, income was huge.
These two are best summed up with this:
Yes, yes indeed monday was a fruitful visit to the mail box with each glyph sold being on average over 18g each.
But ying must meet yang, so it was not surprising that the number of glyphs posted over the last 8 days looks like this:
You indeed read that correctly - where as the previous weeks I've posted between 150-450 glyphs each day, this morning I posted 15. That's fifteen.
It didn't take long to realise Foo was back from his break and has a new threshold of 3g60s. Oh and a new post on his blog
A little melodramatic for my liking but putting the emotive narrative to one side for a moment lets see what he has to say:
Guys, you really should know better. I was going for the weekend, not a month.Well firstly Foo, my fall back has always been 25g. That has not changed in the year that I have been posting glyphs. So I don't quite know why all of a sudden its become such an issue for you. You mention only being away a weekend - but its amazing how quickly the absence of one player can reap benefits for others isnt it?
Glyph prices will be 5g. It is enough for desperados to make gold, and to keep the rif-raf out. I will cope if you send it down to 4g80, or even 4g60. But 25g??? Really?
This is going to stop. Now.
But is this is all going to stop 'now' we had better see what you have in plan for us:
Get back on to your posting toons and set a lower fallback, otherwiseyou will miss out on sales. I know how much you like that. Also, for crying out loud, go and do your research. Some of you don't know all your glyphs yet.No secrets from me Foo. Threshold 4g80s, fallback 25g. But fallbacks are irrelevant - the 15 posts I made today are all at my fallback - unless you can constantly be covering every glyph (and yes I know every glyph and post all bar four of them) there will be windows of opportunity for glyph sellers. And to be able to block every sale you will need to be posting a little more often than you are currently. Which makes you an AH camper - a rather sorry state of affairs.
Consider how low a fallback you are willing to have. I am considering testing what your fallback's are.
If any of you want to make your money and run, I buy my inks. It saves me the largest time commitment of glyph making. If you ever decide to leave the glpyh market, let me know, and I am sure we can come up with a price for your remaining glyphs.Making inks is not the largest time commitment of glyph making - but it is one not to be ignored. Making glyphs (and ensuring that you make the right glyphs) is - but addons do allow anyone to do this more efficiently. It took me about an hour on the weekend to make 450+ glyphs from start to finish (i.e. from the time I logged on the first of my sellers to find out what they needed to logging out my last seller having cleared the new glyphs from their mailbox). I too had inks premade - but to make 450 inks is only milling 75 stacks of herbs. 300 seconds to mill (plus 300 seconds for delay between each mill). 900 seconds to make the ink. Total 1500 seconds = 25 minutes.
Last week I made nearly 6k gold for probably 2 hours work. Profit is over 5k. What' will your gold per hour with all those extra sales at 3g60s remembering they have to be replaced?
And Breevok, this is how you can use a blog post to your benefit.Thank you for the lesson Foo. I must admit I struggle to see the benefit of ranting but I'll mull it over. I don't know if any of the glyph sellers other than myself read you blog but it will be interesting to see whether your post has any impact.





1 comment:
I replied here
Post a Comment