I'm broke.
Well ok I am not broke, but I am significantly the wrong side of 150k that I am not comfortable. After a couple of weeks of spending (Tundra Mammoth, fast flying for Cynicism, 10k gift to my son, 10k gift to Cat and so on) plus a relaxed attitude to gold making, I entered a GKP run on Tuesday night on Sardonica.
3 hours later I left with heroic gloves, a token, a new wand and DFO. Oh and around 50,000 gold less than I went in with.
This is why I have started looking at the glyph market again. This is why I have stopped taking just the best deals on the AH, and been making sure that every opportunity on offer is taken up. Its why I am investigating new avenues of gold creation
Cat amused me last night because she's a week bit broke at the moment as well, so I started testing out ideas with her so she can start making some extra gold. At one point she said "Now don't go posting about this on your blog until I've tried it out for a while first...". I smiled. Oh how well she knows me :)
And she's got a point. I recount my thoughts on this blog most days. But am I actually harming myself by doing this. Its been mentioned a couple of times this week that Cael is a busy server, competitive in all parts of the AH, professions and farming markets.
Do I do myself a disservice giving people a heads up on what/how/why/where/when I do certain things?
Well ok I am not broke, but I am significantly the wrong side of 150k that I am not comfortable. After a couple of weeks of spending (Tundra Mammoth, fast flying for Cynicism, 10k gift to my son, 10k gift to Cat and so on) plus a relaxed attitude to gold making, I entered a GKP run on Tuesday night on Sardonica.
3 hours later I left with heroic gloves, a token, a new wand and DFO. Oh and around 50,000 gold less than I went in with.
This is why I have started looking at the glyph market again. This is why I have stopped taking just the best deals on the AH, and been making sure that every opportunity on offer is taken up. Its why I am investigating new avenues of gold creation
Cat amused me last night because she's a week bit broke at the moment as well, so I started testing out ideas with her so she can start making some extra gold. At one point she said "Now don't go posting about this on your blog until I've tried it out for a while first...". I smiled. Oh how well she knows me :)
And she's got a point. I recount my thoughts on this blog most days. But am I actually harming myself by doing this. Its been mentioned a couple of times this week that Cael is a busy server, competitive in all parts of the AH, professions and farming markets.
Do I do myself a disservice giving people a heads up on what/how/why/where/when I do certain things?

3 comments:
By publishing, you are turning a prisoner's dilemma into it's iterated version.
For me:
I have guildies making their own gold by reading up on what I do. You know a couple of them. When your guildies need gold, you can point them here and other places.
Some of your competitors read this blog, and provide (hopefully) usefull feedback. I know that I get meaningfull information out of your blog. Hopefully I provide some information back.
I agree that making the 'powerplay' (e.g. 4g80 glyphs) then posting about it would make more gold than the reverse. It also allows the experiment to play out 'untainted'. I don't think you have lost much by posting about your thoughts.
It allows you to define a turf. Some players are daunted knowing that there is a determined player on their markets. I feel that there are less names selling glyphs now than there were 3 weeks ago.
I enjoy writing my blog, and it helps me think better. I already ramble and stumble along enough. Writing things down for others helps me think more carefully about what I am doing.
Heh heh... yes!
I've been tempted many times to drop a note to my guild and point them to my blog.
Sharing gold secrets with the blogsphere = good, telegraphing your punches to your server... not so good ; )
Yes you do. You're a smart human being. You should expect that it's very probable that competitors may have set an eye on your blog to read your thoughts/tactics/strategy etc.
So, post a specific content AH-related post after the success of it. Don't to tell to strangers about things you do in the present, tell them about things you've done in the past...
Your Friendly Anonymous.
Post a Comment