The week I've been dreading has arrived. The weekly is Malygos must die...
I might as well just go and hide right now.
I personally don't hate the fight that much - but I do know how ill-tempered the guild runs will get this week as people get frustrated because phase three is such a pain.
Except it isn't - Ace's High saw to that.
But I will be facing two types of guildies this week - those that want to do Malygos and have never done Ace's High (to which the answer will be 'Do Ace's High for a three days and then I'll come with you') and those that will get grumpy at everyone else (to which the answer will be 'Shut up, I play for fun not to hear/read your whinging').
Five frost emblems just aren't worth the hassle.
I might as well just go and hide right now.
I personally don't hate the fight that much - but I do know how ill-tempered the guild runs will get this week as people get frustrated because phase three is such a pain.
Except it isn't - Ace's High saw to that.
But I will be facing two types of guildies this week - those that want to do Malygos and have never done Ace's High (to which the answer will be 'Do Ace's High for a three days and then I'll come with you') and those that will get grumpy at everyone else (to which the answer will be 'Shut up, I play for fun not to hear/read your whinging').
Five frost emblems just aren't worth the hassle.

6 comments:
We are currently having fun with Maly, with players that are new to raiding, wiping far to often on him. A couple of things came up.
Suggest doing Aces's High in pairs, practicing following, healing, sheilding and sprinting.
Enable your combat log, and use it to spot why you are dying (world of logs was really useful), & dont stand in the fire in phase 3 (static field).
Great advice Foo :)
People keep writing macros and get bemused when their toolbars disappear in phase three.
Hopefully with more people being used to the Oculus dynamics, the changes to the dragons for EoE will be easier to transverse.
Uh oh,
This could be the end of the world as we know it.
I somehow think that getting 3 80's through this could be wishful thinking.
I must say I'm not particularily good at this fight and I'm not exactly short on raiding experience. My problem on this fight is that there's no horizon to get a bearing off or any depth of perception. Then again, with 9/24 other drakes filling the screen, i suppose that's a moot point.
I think I'll go get a box of sedatives ready.
Bell - we just gotta be calm. If we have to nerf the fight it can be done - /follow bellathetank ready to paste into your chat screen will work.
My biggest worry is the macros that will make it easier need bartender or some other such bar addon installed. People are going to be running around trying to work out there new UI and will never cope with the fight itself.
Yes EoE is a pain - and I stand by my statement of "No Aces High, then bugger off" - but I guess we'll get some through...possibly...maybe ;)
My issue isn't the flying & I can do aces high.
Its the lack of a point of reference that stuffs me (and others I think) up.
And I can't see/discern the AoE damage from the background/friendly spells, and I've done Maly quite a few times.
At least phase 1 and 2 should be fairly painless these days, so its easier to get to phase 3 repeatedly. :D
Didnt you play Elite as a kid?
Just aim for the docking station!
Post a Comment