When I did the ICC run mentioned in the previous post I was surprised when I reviewed my progress of the achievement Fall of the Lich on my priest.
Prior to that run (and I was at my first kill of Dreamwalker that night) I had only cleared the first 'quarter' in its entirety. Dropping Dreamwalker have me The Frostwing Halls so that's now two quarters done
Above is my entire record for both my 80s in ICC. Nothing impressive there I agree - especially as I want the LK kill before Cataclysm. The vast majority of the 25 kills have been the GKP runs which the hunter tends to get invited to over the priest - purely because I am a better hunter than I am a healer.
But its rather embarrassing that my priest is only 8 of 12 in ICC 10 - I feel I must have let down my fellow guild members more than I realised, as its primarily them with whom I run 10 mans.
In the grand scheme of things I do not know is this compares favourable in the WoW stratosphere or whether it puts me in the murky depths of morons who surround us each time we enter Azeroth. Whatever position it puts me I really do need to try harder.
Prior to that run (and I was at my first kill of Dreamwalker that night) I had only cleared the first 'quarter' in its entirety. Dropping Dreamwalker have me The Frostwing Halls so that's now two quarters done
Above is my entire record for both my 80s in ICC. Nothing impressive there I agree - especially as I want the LK kill before Cataclysm. The vast majority of the 25 kills have been the GKP runs which the hunter tends to get invited to over the priest - purely because I am a better hunter than I am a healer.
But its rather embarrassing that my priest is only 8 of 12 in ICC 10 - I feel I must have let down my fellow guild members more than I realised, as its primarily them with whom I run 10 mans.
In the grand scheme of things I do not know is this compares favourable in the WoW stratosphere or whether it puts me in the murky depths of morons who surround us each time we enter Azeroth. Whatever position it puts me I really do need to try harder.


5 comments:
I was also really surprised when you linked the achievement.. I couldnt believe you had done so much more on the hunter lol.
And as for being a better hunter than priest it may be true although you are a very good healer, I can even tell (pretty obvious) you love your hunter more.
I think the reason Sard has done so little compared to Puraa is the fact that I (sometimes) fill a tank spot e.g. putricide, and Puraas dps doesnt actually lack when you need something burnt down quickly :P
I suppose it all comes down to you having two awesome toons that you use depending on each fight...Putricide for example which we 2 healed, your 8-10k dps on puraa didnt go astray. I think it all comes down to you think of what the GROUP needs as a whole, and not just what YOU need.
Thank you Acid :)
BTW Acid is the guild DPS freak - so when he says nice things it makes me feel good. I dont quite know why he's reading my blog at 7.30am but I'm happy he is
Are you changing from your Priest to your Hunter when you reach the blood wing?
Perhaps as your 10 man group becomes more at ease with these fights you could try it as your Priest. Or, if you're running out of time during the raid week you could always extend the lock out and work on new bosses for longer?
re: Acid: He probably hasn't got to bed yet!
I was going to post something similar (as i read this much earlier via RSS).
'Better' is subjective. Like comparing a Ferrari vs. a Ambulance. Both have their strong points.
As Acid posted, we've not done a lot of ICC10 since the change of the group, particularily the addition of Spanke. i.e. Acid tanking not hunting, which has moved me from Tank to ranged DPS so we drop a Pally from the group. This may give you more options to bring the priest as heals or DPS. If you want to DPS, one of us could bust out a Shaman to heal.
Hey Breevok, If you desperately want LK, Crimson are now selling 25 man kills. lol
Post a Comment